Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 01:59 PM   #25
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4

Yeah, I'm happy those are in. Very slick looking.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised after playing a bit more. Looking forward to more play time this evening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 02:00 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
How are the Baseline high/low cameras now? Lag gone?
The baseline high and baseline low cameras both seem to run the same as before. There is still major frame rate loss and stuttering going on.

Looks like you'll still have to stick with the broadcast cameras to maintain a steady frame rate.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #27
Rookie

dewjo's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The baseline high and baseline low cameras both seem to run the same as before. There is still major frame rate loss and stuttering going on.

Looks like you'll still have to stick with the broadcast cameras to maintain a steady frame rate.
Have not bought the game but was considering picking it up. I like to play from the baseline cams in basketball games. Are there any vids on the net of NBA Live 14 from the baseline cams to see what it looks like? Every vid on YouTube of NBA Live 14 seems to be from the broadcast camera.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Oh my god, I wasn't expecting this until tomorrow!! Off to frantically download it now
Old 02-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #29
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Does CPU seem to call time outs post patch? Pre patch, I played 10 min quarters, they are lucky to call one time out in a single game and don't make any subs. I hope that is addressed. That also seemed to tell me that fatigue didnt' seem to play much a factor?
So any input on the above plz?
Old 02-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #30
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Post Your Impressions Here

King said he didn't see any timeouts called...

SMDH, I an only assume late game\ shot clock A.I hasn't been touched either...
Old 02-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #31
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Post Your Impressions Here

For those interested, I just posted several pictures of Lebron, KD, Melo, Westbrook and a few others I believe in the Photo thread showing post lighting update faces.

24th, I've not had a chance to check on the timeout issues. I'm assuming no since King hasn't seen it. I've not had the late game AI issue thankfully, and hopefully this patch doesnt' introduce it for me. That'd be a real kick in the balls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Two weird things I've noticed with the tweaks they made to passing:

1) If you use the left analog stick for directional passing, you now have to hold down the stick and "follow through" to make sure the icon stays on your intended target, even after pressing the pass button. If you just make a quick flick of the stick to choose your target, hit the pass button, then release the stick back to neutral, your passes will now end up flying all over the place.

2) If you hit the shoot button immediately after catching an icon pass, the recipient will often just throw the ball right back to the passer instead of shooting. This has to be a bug of some kind, because it only seems to happen when you icon pass to the point guard. Other positions don't seem to be affected.

I appreciate the increased zip on passes, as well as the improvements to maintaining forward momentum after catching a pass, but these two new quirks continue to make passing a very frustrating experience in NBA Live 14.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-10-2014 at 03:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »