Home

NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS4, Xbox One) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Does CPU seem to call time outs post patch? Pre patch, I played 10 min quarters, they are lucky to call one time out in a single game and don't make any subs. I hope that is addressed. That also seemed to tell me that fatigue didnt' seem to play much a factor?
Quote:
Has the CPU PIP been toned down? I don't own the game, but seem to remember it being a big issue mentioned a lot in the impressions thread.
I've played two games against the CPU so far, one on rookie difficulty and one on pro difficulty. No timeouts were called in either game. Honestly, I can't recall a single time the CPU has ever called a time out against me in NBA Live 14.

I saw nothing new in terms of CPU behavior. Their approach to defense feels the same. Their offense is still predominantly isolation basketball, with lots of throwing the ball into the post or standing around on the perimeter dribbling out the shot clock. The baseline spin still seems to be their go-to move in the post. And the CPU will still sometimes get stuck in the backdown animation in the lane, causing itself to take a 3-second violation.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-10-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #42
Rookie

ifitbeginsitends's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Post Your Impressions Here

jyoung I've had that pass back bug happen to me pre patch for a week or so now. that's definitely not a post patch bug. also it happens to me regardless of who I pass to. it seems like you have to wait a second before you shoot. its almost like the game wants you to slow down.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #43
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Post Your Impressions Here

Too bad the AI wasnt tweaked a bit. Not for difficulty, but for logic
Old 02-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #44
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4

I would almost swear that you and I have different games jyoung. Seriously, from day 1. I don't know what it is that is "right" on my game that's not on yours, but even prior to the update I was rarely seeing a "spin". I'm seeing ball movement, screens, cuts, plays ran.

First 6 points of the game against me, Pacers at Golden State. Look at the 1st one, Iggy brings the ball up, gets it to Steph, waits for the screen, as soon as they see even a bit of daylight, he's shooting. The next one was just insane, as I hadn't see anything that quick from him, but they're attacking:

I'm having a blast. Oh, and the very first possession of the game for the Warriors was a Steph Curry charge... Followed by the second possession, and David West And 1

I mean, it's nowhere near perfect, but I am wondering why we're having such different experiences.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitbeginsitends
jyoung I've had that pass back bug happen to me pre patch for a week or so now. that's definitely not a post patch bug. also it happens to me regardless of who I pass to. it seems like you have to wait a second before you shoot. its almost like the game wants you to slow down.
Are you on PS4 or Xbox One? I am on PS4, and today is the first time I've encountered this "pass back" glitch.

I just tested it with all my other players on the court, and it definitely only affects the point guard for me. Maybe it's just certain NBA players who are glitched? I'm seeing it affect Jose Calderon and Steve Nash.

Maybe the mode of play might also have some impact on the bug showing up or not? I play Ultimate Team almost exclusively.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-10-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #46
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Taking a break from this for now. May jump back in, in a few hours. As mentioned before there are absolutely NO timeouts called in this thing. Unless you do it yourself, you won't see a single timeout from either side here. The only time subs come in is during dead balls, which you'll get plenty since this is still NBA Live: Block Party Edition.

First two games I played were both tonight's Denver/Indiana matchup since I wanted to see if two different games would produce completely unique experiences. Both times Denver attacked the paint relentlessly. For the entire first half of the first game I swear to you they didn't attempt ONE jumpshot. Not one.

There's still some warping for CPU defenders to stay in front of you. Witnessed that as I tried to get to the baseline with George Hill and Ty zapped in front of him after I got the step on him.

Pace is still too slow IMO. There are times that I want to push the ball up court and I'm forced to take that slow dribble up court instead. The pressure I put on the stick should dictate whether I walk or run up court, not some invisible force.

I mentioned before though, I was satisfied with my shot timing. The shootaround makes a ton of difference as far as that's concerned.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #47
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Has ea explained why the CPU never calls timeouts or subs?? No way did they not know about this!!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #48
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Are you on PS4 or Xbox One? I am on PS4, and today is the first time I've encountered this "pass back" glitch.

I just tested it with all my other players on the court, and it definitely only affects the point guard for me. Maybe it's just certain NBA players who are glitched? I'm seeing it affect Jose Calderon and Steve Nash.

Maybe the mode of play might also have some impact on the bug showing up or not? I play Ultimate Team almost exclusively.
That could be part of the reason why we see different stuff. I wonder if playbooks and player tendencies are tougher to account for where there's no "designed" plays for your assembled groups?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »