Home

MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #25
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Dev Blog: RTTS The Evolution Continues in MLB 14 The Show

Excellent list of changes.

As others have said, the new advancement logic gives me more motivation to try this mode out this year.

Im a staunch Franchise man on the whole but am more than willing to give RTTS some play time this go around based on those changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #26
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Dev Blog: RTTS The Evolution Continues in MLB 14 The Show

Glad you get training points for going to college. Hopefully it's a meaningful amount that gets you closer to the MLB like a college draft pick might.

I don't play RTTS to old age so I'm more than willing to sacrifice some years if I can get a head start. I really hope this makes it easier as well to have multiple players. Unless instead of the college route being a head start, the high school route is a slower start compared to past RTTS's.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-17-2014 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 27

Wonderful job, SCEA! RTTS is going to be amazing this year. I am now definitely investing a ton more time into this mode this year. Enjoy a cold one on me.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #28
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Having not played The Show since 10, I can not wait for this game. I am so amped to throw this into my PS4.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #29
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
A bit confused. So say you are killing it in AA as a starter, you will be more likely to be called up to AAA then you would have in this years game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They said it is pretty rare, but it is possible. It also states "the right situation" which could mean injury, september roster expansion or the club perceives you as better than the AAA guy based on potential and the starter in MLB isn't cutting it.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #30
MLB The Show Designer

Kirby_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13

Wonderful job, SCEA! RTTS is going to be amazing this year. I am now definitely investing a ton more time into this mode this year. Enjoy a cold one on me.
Okay, I'd like that. I guess you can Paypal me a couple dollars
Old 03-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #31
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

Does the 2x boost count for simulated games?

This is really interesting in that if you save your stubs up from playing other modes you can technically sim all your minor league games and get ~50% of the training points you could have (although a human could play above the sim stats. You can also lower the difficulty/sliders and cheese points a bit more if you play the games). And then use the 2x boost to get around the normal amount of points. Granted I guess we don't know how fast you can earn stubs and how that will translate to the store purchases exactly yet.

I've said this before, but I like to make many different types of RTTS players each year. Zero-power 2B, side-arming closer, etc. So I will take any advantage of anything that can let me make secondary RTTS players easier and less time consuming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #32

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

This looks amazing!

I have one question though. Last year, the difficulties were tiered based on if you were in AA, AAA, MLB, etc. It gave me a headache trying to figure out the most realistic levels to set it on, as baseball is a very unpredictable game, so I couldn't figure out which difficulties to be on and when.

Will the difficulties still be tiered based on your settings and what level in the organization you are in?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »