Home

MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #41
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
What I'm wondering is, if you decide to go back to school and compete in the Showcase again, will you be competing against different players (that years draft) or the same players again. And if I stay in school say 3 years, when I enter the league, will this years' rookies still be rookies or will they be 3 years into their careers? Basically, does the game simulate the minor and MLB seasons while you are "in school?"
That's a good question, I'd like to see an answer for that too. I had assumed your first season is always going to be 2014 no matter what route you went.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #42
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

All nice additions/improvements. I wonder what can be expected of the "sign" system (e.g., bunting, stealing, hit & run, etc.) that was removed?
Old 03-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #43
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
What I'm wondering is, if you decide to go back to school and compete in the Showcase again, will you be competing against different players (that years draft) or the same players again. And if I stay in school say 3 years, when I enter the league, will this years' rookies still be rookies or will they be 3 years into their careers? Basically, does the game simulate the minor and MLB seasons while you are "in school?"
I'm more curious if the players in the draft have to go into RTTS with you. I always just add myself to a team in RTTS so I don't remember how its handled when you are in the draft.

What happens currently when you go into RTTS with full 90 man rosters? Do the players in the draft go into the ether, or are they added to teams similar to how draft picks are in franchise?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #44
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I'm curious to how you would know what people played the most . was it from polls? or are you guys somehow able to track activity use from the game being connected online?
We track user activity from being connected online.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #45
MLB The Show Designer

Kirby_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I'm more curious if the players in the draft have to go into RTTS with you. I always just add myself to a team in RTTS so I don't remember how its handled when you are in the draft.

What happens currently when you go into RTTS with full 90 man rosters? Do the players in the draft go into the ether, or are they added to teams similar to how draft picks are in franchise?
Okay, I'll try to answer several questions in one post....

When you go back to school, you will compete in the Showcase again against new players. Also, when you choose to sign with a team that drafts you, the entire draft class will enter into the pros with you, however most of them are assigned to Single-A first, so you will probably only be seeing them once they make their way up the organizational ladder. Still, it is very possible that you will be playing against the number one overall pick in your draft somewhere down the line.

Your first year of pro ball will always be 2014. The Showcase and Draft is always in an ambiguous year, so even if you do four years of school, the year you sign and begin your career will be the 2014 season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We track user activity from being connected online.
I can see how that happens. I play every game in RTTS while in franchise mode i just sim. I love playing GM during franchise.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #47
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby_SCEA

When you go back to school, you will compete in the Showcase again against new players. Also, when you choose to sign with a team that drafts you, the entire draft class will enter into the pros with you, however most of them are assigned to Single-A first, so you will probably only be seeing them once they make their way up the organizational ladder. Still, it is very possible that you will be playing against the number one overall pick in your draft somewhere down the line.

Your first year of pro ball will always be 2014. The Showcase and Draft is always in an ambiguous year, so even if you do four years of school, the year you sign and begin your career will be the 2014 season.
Do the players replace those already in the roster?

For example if I start RTTS with OSFM and have 15 players in single A, will the draft picks from the showcase replace them?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby_SCEA

So either you play pro ball at 18 with low ratings in 2014 or play at 22 with higher ratings if go back to college. This will be fun to play around with for sure. Is it May yet????????

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »