Home

Madden NFL 15 Includes Peyton Manning Omaha Cadence

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Includes Peyton Manning Omaha Cadence within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #57
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Madden NFL 15 Includes Peyton Manning Omaha Cadence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

The Packers and star quarterback Brett Favre are facing third and long, and while Favre is under center, going through his snap count, one of the Lions' defensive linemen yells out, "I'm coming for you, Brett, I'm coming for you!"

The Packers' center loses his leverage and gets beat at the snap, with the pass rusher coming right into Favre's face. Seeing the pressure, CPU Favre fades back and throws quickly off his back foot, but the wide receiver he's targeting is running an out route, and hasn't started his break yet, so the ball sails harmlessly out of bounds. Favre throws his hands in the air, shakes his head, and walks towards the sideline. The game then switches to a celebratory shot of the Lions' defense, jumping off the field in jubilation.

Yes, it was a generic voice actor barking out that pre-snap taunt, but honestly, I couldn't tell you what Robert Porcher or Luther Elliss sounded like in real life.

All I know is that cool moment came from a 13-year-old game, that was the third release from a relatively new development team, on a system less powerful than the PlayStation 2.

Things like this really create an immersive experience and make you feel like you are playing an actual Nfl game and witnessing the actual atmosphere of the Nfl instead of it feeling like an arcade game that gets stale real fast. Little things like this really go a long way and increase the realism of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #58
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15 Includes Peyton Manning Omaha Cadence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Today I was playing NFL 2K2 on the SEGA Dreamcast.

It was Lions vs. Packers, inside the Silver Dome.

The Packers and star quarterback Brett Favre are facing third and long, and while Favre is under center, going through his snap count, one of the Lions' defensive linemen yells out, "I'm coming for you, Brett, I'm coming for you!"

The Packers' center loses his leverage and gets beat at the snap, with the pass rusher coming right into Favre's face. Seeing the pressure, CPU Favre fades back and throws quickly off his back foot, but the wide receiver he's targeting is running an out route, and hasn't started his break yet, so the ball sails harmlessly out of bounds. Favre throws his hands in the air, shakes his head, and walks towards the sideline. The game then switches to a celebratory shot of the Lions' defense, jumping off the field in jubilation.

Yes, it was a generic voice actor barking out that pre-snap taunt, but honestly, I couldn't tell you what Robert Porcher or Luther Elliss sounded like in real life.

All I know is that cool moment came from a 13-year-old game, that was the third release from a relatively new development team, on a system less powerful than the PlayStation 2.
Nice post man, I played the Dreamcast 2k football games to death, TO DEATH. Good times

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
So what I'm getting is that people pick and choose what they want in the game.

Something in the game which reflects true to life NFL they don't want = don't want it you suck EA

Something not in the game they want = EA Sports, if it's in the game it's NOT in the game

They put in a small detail to the game, I'm happy about it. Would I rather have some other stuff? Of course. But to be a "pick and choose" critic...jeez.
No, its the fact imo that EA comes off as if this took months of resources and dev time to implement and they took the WHOLE dev team to record audio thus leaving out things in this game to help it be more authentic.

On top of that, this dripping of info is getting realy tiresome, we all know nothing else is coming out NFL wise to compete with madden. Game comes out in a month and all we get is 1 QBs cadence and nothing on authentic presentation with highlights and replays from the days games and a league tracker for llayoff teams and those in the hunt. Oh lets not forget about gameplay issues, this should have been upfront and out of the way to ease peoples minds akd give us some type of assurance.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #60
Rookie

JHTJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Exactly, we all know that many areas of gameplay need to be fixed but it is mind numbing how some ppl complain about everything added to the game that is not directly related to gameplay or franchise mode. This isn't exactly "ground breaking news" but it is something that will add realism to one of the biggest icons in the history of the sport.
Who will be in the game for 2 seasons before he retires. That's not exactly the type of return on investment Die hard fans are looking for. This is yet another feature appealing to the casual gamer. I'm not going to complain about this feature at all, I will say that "with the areas of gameplay needing fixed" this really does nothing but highlight the current shortcomings. Remember CCM makes or breaks this franchise for the majority of Maddens repeat clients, and we've received nothing to date on CCM. Anxiety is high my friend, and justifiably so.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:51 PM   #61
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Its funny how he talks about the new passing for QB's in the game, but ever pass shown is perfect and on the money, I'm yet to see in any videos with a bad pass. Something smells fishy again. And he said the tackling animations have been re-done. Almost fell threw the floor laughing

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-10-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Its funny how he talks about the new passing for QB's in the game, but ever pass shown is perfect and on the money, I'm yet to see in any videos with a bad pass. Something smells fishy again. And he said the tackling animations have been re-done. Almost fell threw the floor laughing
I remember the days they use to put effort into signature style of players in the game and u actually felt as if your were playing as them. Whats so different now days that effort is no lo ger useful.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #63
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
I remember the days they use to put effort into signature style of players in the game and u actually felt as if your were playing as them. Whats so different now days that effort is no lo ger useful.

while it was nice to see the sig throwing styles...it absolutely blew that the throw would get swatted down by a MLB with his back to the QB
Old 07-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 5

Madden is just all gimmicks like this and nothing of substance. This appeals to 12 year olds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »