Home

NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles

Game looks great. Gameplay looks very similar to NHL 14.

The hit animations seem off. One thing I noticed is the hits seem to be very focused on the upper body animations with arms flailing and what not. Instead should be more focused on getting the leg animations correct if someone is knocked over.

From the videos seems like the game will be toe-drag galore, the players seemed to get a boost in acceleration side-to-side when making a deke.

Now if only if they'd announce if EASHL is or is not in the game....
Old 08-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #114
Rookie

deej93's Arena

I really wish it would be more of a grind to get into good scoring areas and even into the offensive zone with the puck. I've played and watched hockey my whole life and against good competition you can't just walk into the zone and get a good scoring opportunity every rush you have. Your opponent should force you to have to dump and chase A LOT more and if you make a bad mistake in the nz they should make you pay.

Hockey is an absolute grind and they need to find a way to represent that. Speaking of grind there's got to be more play below the goal line on the boards and cycling of the puck.

I'm gonna buy because I love hockey and still have fun playing, but I want more of a grinding game in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #115
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

OVR: 9

I think that the graphics and presentation are good but gameplay is my #1 priority.

In today's hockey, a lot of plays are usually near the boards and you'd have to grind and try to pass it off. No where in this video, do I see some board play, I see crisp passes (rarely any misses) and dirty dangles. While I appreciate the new Physics and the new Superstar skill stick, I want to see more board play action, more grinding.

I agree with what deej93 says as well, we need to see more action behind the net, around the boards and found a way how to cycle the puck (and have some mishandles with it too). That's how hockey should be played. I like how EA is putting some effort, but I'd love for that to be in the future sometime.

Lastly, the goalies look exactly the same in NHL 14 so we gotta find a way to fix that... The post off the goalie looks weird. When goalies are using the post and moving around, they usually have their skate on the post, and then usually push off the skate from the post when they're moving around. Goalies don't look as great, since they don't look they haven't been changed, but then again, I'm glad and stoked that NHL 15 is coming out.

My two long cents lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #116
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

Very true, I wonder if its mainly because the animations they have and captured doesnt take place around the net or on the boards a whole bunch? Itd be something else if they actually captured a real game with their engine.
By that I mean to bad they cant take two teams and equip them with their equipment to capture more life like animations and gameplay.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
In video 2 at 1:26 there is a collision between a forward and defender by the side of the net, the puck spills whilst they are on the ice trying to get up. The fellow D man skates over to get it whilst a winger who is closer does nothing but wander around above the slot to the middle of the ice. By the time the D man gets to it the human attacking forward is up and stick lifts to get the puck back. The non human controlled ai just don't seem to be much help. I reckon against the CPU this sort of thing will happen again and again and again like always.
That might be my biggest gripe about EA's hockey game. Your CPU controlled teammates are just way, way, way too passive.
They refuse to attack. They barely even attempt a poke check. But if a human has control of the puck, the CPU goes gangbusters after you. I just wish the CPU attacked every opposing player with the same level of gusto.
It's not just attacking the puck carrier, it's also keeping the puck inside the zone.
I've played quite a few games the last couple of weeks and I can't help but notice how the CPU will shoot it's own dog in order to keep the puck in the offensive zone. There are times it appears I was able to clear the puck, but the CPU does an amazing job keeping it in.
Meanwhile, when I'm in the other end, my CPU controlled D-men lounge around the redline and look like they'd rather do anything but keep the puck in.

EA promised that they rebuilt the AI from the ground-up. I really hope that's true.
Because simply copying and pasting the same AI from NHL14 into NHL15 doesn't constitute as rebuilding from scratch.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #118
Rookie

Ya gameplay is where it's at for me.. 2k3 doesn't have near the graphics or presentation as this or 14 but it is still better to play bc it's more realistic gameplay. Each team and player played differently and there was better neutral zone play and board play. Making the game wide open and adding dekes makes it more arcade like.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #119
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
That might be my biggest gripe about EA's hockey game. Your CPU controlled teammates are just way, way, way too passive.
They refuse to attack. They barely even attempt a poke check. But if a human has control of the puck, the CPU goes gangbusters after you. I just wish the CPU attacked every opposing player with the same level of gusto.
It's not just attacking the puck carrier, it's also keeping the puck inside the zone.
I've played quite a few games the last couple of weeks and I can't help but notice how the CPU will shoot it's own dog in order to keep the puck in the offensive zone. There are times it appears I was able to clear the puck, but the CPU does an amazing job keeping it in.
Meanwhile, when I'm in the other end, my CPU controlled D-men lounge around the redline and look like they'd rather do anything but keep the puck in.

EA promised that they rebuilt the AI from the ground-up. I really hope that's true.
Because simply copying and pasting the same AI from NHL14 into NHL15 doesn't constitute as rebuilding from scratch.
Spot on Money. Been playing a season with NYR and it is just awful to experience it. Kills the game and makes it a tedious thing to endure rather than it being a fun time playing a video game. Why is that? Because hockey is a contest, it is competitive and to play with such a tilt going on against you is d-umb! Then I finally get the puck and score but it isnt even satisfying because the game locks you out of the real contest. The contest isnt putting it in the net, its also winning the battles, scrums, fights for the loose puck but this game robs that experience and only rewards goals in net. For those who evaluate how good they are by goals scored fair enough but for those who want to experience hockey it just isnt satisfying. Let us engage in the bloody war with the same weapons in the trenches, not just dangles and dekes on break aways!!

Last edited by 18 eighty 5; 08-18-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #120
Rookie

I see A LOT of dekes. I hope only more skilled players can pull off all these dekes. An enforcer shouldn't be using a deke move around guys.

And I second the needing more aggressive teammates. Drives me nuts.

Graphics look good though. Looking forward to seeing more.
8 GB Kingston RAM

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »