Home

NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #121
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Videos Show Off All-New Camera Angles

I'm honestly a little surprised about all the positive feedback about the graphics. I wonder if people are talking about presentation? I agree the presentations looks to have made a nice step forward. The actual on ice graphics during gameplay, though? Maybe I'm not seeing it and I look forward to playing a demo in 1080p/60 FPS before passing too much judgement. However, when watching this clip, if you took out some of the presentation changes, muted the sound, put a gun to my head and asked me to accurately guess what year's version of NHL this was, I wouldn't feel to confident about guessing correctly. It looks a lot like the 360/PS3 graphics to me.

I guess I was hoping for a much bigger jump from last gen to this new gen, especially since they didn't release a game last year on the PS4/Xbox One. Player models don't seem nearly as impressive as something like NBA2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #122
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Are they going to fix that scoreboard turning on and off and back on again? It's also way to big.

Sent using a telephone
Old 08-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #123
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

the opening presentation in video #2 was fantastic. It definitely had a feel like I was watching a game on NBC so kudos to EA for that. One thing that I caught right away was the blandness of what Doc/Edzo talked about in the opening. I know it needs to be vanilla so it can make sense when the Blues play the Blackhawks and the Islanders play the Panthers, but I expected a little more. Everything else? Eh.

The big hits still look a little off. The Wild goal in video #2 (Suter, I think) was last gen trash.

The worst thing about these videos was Doc's commentary, which was lackluster and didn't seem as natural as I thought it would be. Given the amount of times EA shoved Doc and Edzo down our throats, I thought they would have taken the time to make the commentary more seamless. I don't really want to bring up that indoor bouncy ball game made by the same guys who make a wrestling game, but that's the gold standard and I don't know if this game can touch it.

I am definitely okay going an ebay route, even if the demo blows me away.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:15 AM   #124
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but in the 2nd video, Toews was sporting a....... Bauer 4500 (or whatever it is now) helmet!!!! For us roster geeks, thats an awesome news!

The game does seem pretty smooth, presentation looks good. Love the fans from what I can see so far. I don't know why ppl are complaining about the goalies, I don't think they are that bad unlike 2k's hunchback of notre dame's goaltenders ;-)

Sure not a big change from the previous gen but that was to be expected after MLB The Show, I didn't get my hopes up so I'm happy how it looks and will buy it eventually. I would need something anyways 'cause Rogers took over my Leafs and they won't be on any of channels available for me this year (ZERO GAMES! Not even HNIC on CBC) (I have a basic cable)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »