Home

No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

This is a discussion on No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #33
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Life The Life in NHL 15 (Interview)

What is really troubling is just how bare bones of a game this will be, after reading the interview here with OS.

If they are this far behind on bringing over just what was already in the previous games then how are they ever going to improve things that have been busted or horrible for this long? The development cycle will never be longer than the months they have in-between release dates. Where do they think they are going to find this time to be able to really improve this game?

At this rate we are looking at 2016-17 before the game is even fully featured again. I am talking just purely what we already know to be in the game currently on 360 and PS3. This doesn't count on anything being improved.

And that is the biggest issue here. What exactly are you doing with your time, EA? Where are your priorities and why are you letting things sneak up on you in your game's development? You have had how many years to know there was a new generation of consoles coming. The specs for those systems have been known for a while now. Why is it that things cannot be planned accordingly for?

I'm truly bummed. Angered really.

The bright spot in all of this is that we are being heard. The consumers reaction is still important. We are putting pressure on them. Some of it is over the line and unjust, but really it is atrocious how all of this has been handled and what we are getting as an excuse for a next gen game. I feel truly sorry for anyone who purchased a next gen system just for this game, let alone the people who forked over money for the access program that ended up being far more limited than anticipated as well.

What EA seems to be forgetting most in all of this is that their fans are their consumers. If you are not forthcoming from the start with the information it will bite you in the long run. There may be short term cash to be had by withholding the info on these programs and games, but in the long run you are just alienating your true fan base and the ones that are habitual customers of your less than stellar products of late.

Cause in the end, these customers, such as myself, are not asking for the moon. We are only expecting what has already been done in a game. You and the other game companies have set the bar, EA. We just expect that each year. Not missing features or a lack of properly working ones. We want what we know is possible. Most of us don't have the foresight to ask for things that have never been done before. And yet each year we see things go by the wayside that used to be commonplace in a video game nearly 2 decades ago.

When we are supposed to be raising the bar and pushing the envelope we are found stuck spinning our proverbial tires in the mud, year after year, console after console. I speak with the history of hockey and video games fresh in my mind and I have to say that without a doubt, this is (2010-2015) by far the most stagnant and disappointing era for hockey video games in its entire history.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #34
Rookie

sportsgamer42's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm still buying I don't care about the online games modes and to me live the life was poorly done anyway I'm ok with the basic be-a-pro mode
Old 08-19-2014, 06:47 PM   #35
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
What a load of garbage. How do you take half the features/modes out of the game and still charge full price. Love how they made damn sure HUT was in and ready to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #36
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
For me personally I won't be buying until this patch is released. I've been down this road before with promised patches to see them pulled. Since OTP is the only mode I play not worth it for me. I skipped 14 figuring I could sit out a year, now it looks like it will be two years.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #37
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
This is pathetic, the fact they let us all sit on this for a week in limbo is sad. I will never again support NHL Franchise as long as Rammer is involved. A patch will likely be OTP Lobby's, I don't care for that crap, I want EASHL.

NHL2k its your chance. Take it...

Last edited by drewst18; 08-19-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Life The Life in NHL 15 (Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
What is really troubling is just how bare bones of a game this will be, after reading the interview here with OS.

If they are this far behind on bringing over just what was already in the previous games then how are they ever going to improve things that have been busted or horrible for this long? The development cycle will never be longer than the months they have in-between release dates. Where do they think they are going to find this time to be able to really improve this game?

At this rate we are looking at 2016-17 before the game is even fully featured again. I am talking just purely what we already know to be in the game currently on 360 and PS3. This doesn't count on anything being improved.
biggs,

You hit the nail on the head. All their going to be doing is moving crap from point A(current-gen) to point B(next-gen). He kept saying, "We got the game up and running" does not sound like it's worth $65+. How long will it take for them to actually start improving the game/modes?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 PM   #39
Rookie

messngretz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Can the game release at $39.99 since it's not a full featured title?
Yeah good luck with that one...not a chance.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #40
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
OTP is basically same thing just without league structure. Still play with created guy and play vs friends or strangers. It will be patched in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »