Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 07:08 PM   #49
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
why did this game get a 7.5 when madden 25 got an 8??? I am quite confused by that because the general consensus seems to be that this game is better from what I have gleaned so far.
Madden 25 also got a 7.5. Standards change. Definitely one of the many reasons Madden can't catch up with its peers like MLB The Show and NBA 2k
Old 08-22-2014, 07:18 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This foot planting issue must be an X1 exclusive, I havent seen nor heard of ice skating from anyone with the ps4 version. Can someone chime in who owns or played that version?

Other than that, the score and reviews from other dont really mesh at all, it cant have the same score or lower than the yr before but at the sametime be a better game. Thats confusing.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #51
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Did they fix the Connected Career issue where it took 30mins if you wanted to control all 32 teams? And can you edit draft picks? TY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #52
Rookie

greatness33's Arena

OVR: 1
Thanks for the review, I'll def wait and snag this on Black Friday...def not worth 60 bucks
Old 08-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #53
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

i bought it and its basically the same madden better presentation qb throws more realistic they tried to minimize turnovers more pass deflections than picks better zones dbs close quicker than last year 7.5 is accurate but its not a sim game yet still no penalties unless you tweek the sliders no accurate weather no coin toss they dont kick extra points from the 15 but overall youll enjoy it i think its time for some competition 2k or somebody wish someone does the fbg ratings on ps4 to see how its plays
Old 08-22-2014, 07:37 PM   #54
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
why did this game get a 7.5 when madden 25 got an 8??? I am quite confused by that because the general consensus seems to be that this game is better from what I have gleaned so far.
Every year and every game is different. If we simply did what you suggest we should do, most games should be 10.0s, including Madden, at this point. Standards change each year as they are raised by other games, and year to year progression has to be accounted for. A review score for a reviewer is a reflection of the value a game brings...if a game moves forward but still has major flaws which existed in the prior version (or are troublesome to the final product) then it will have to get dinged. On the same token, a game which was an 9.0 one year releases the next with a roster update...is it still a 9.0 or is its value far less since you can get the same game with slightly older rosters for a much lower price?

It's review theory and there are as many approaches as there are outlets to how to approach scores, some don't even mess with them because people concentrate too highly on a singular number and not enough on the content within the review -- which is a sad reality at OS and most other outlets that choose to use scores for reviews.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
This foot planting issue must be an X1 exclusive, I havent seen nor heard of ice skating from anyone with the ps4 version. Can someone chime in who owns or played that version?

Other than that, the score and reviews from other dont really mesh at all, it cant have the same score or lower than the yr before but at the sametime be a better game. Thats confusing.
Foot-planting only occurs when they are triggered by a juke or cut move. Normal movement and running players tend to slide rather than every step being planted in the ground. Watch FIFA videos to see the difference in running.
@2:45 watch the line backers glide across the middle of the field. Also watch how the Qb turns around like he's standing on a merry-go-round.

http://youtu.be/ckdL6KVr6FM?list=UUh...97ZFLZh-h5qGYw

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 08-22-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 5
gameplay is the strength. for me thats what i want. then they can patch things along the way to perfect it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »