Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #57
Rookie

RonRac1's Arena

OVR: 0
It looks good and all, but why is everybody so damn skinny? Look at LeBron, I know he lost some wait during the off season but he look's anorexic. But I'm still getting this, hopefully we can still edit player's so I can fix them that way!!!
Old 09-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #58
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Cavaliers vs Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Observing the team ratings from this video, it is very interesting to see how the CAVS are rated compared to other teams.

The CAVS are #1 in Offense, #4 in Defense!? and #2 Overall.

I mentioned this in another thread about the CAVS defense being oddly high. Now that I have seen some other team ratings, here are the teams by order of overall defensive:

1 - Spurs
2 - Bulls
3 - ??
4 - Cavs**
5 - Clippers
6 - Grizzlies
7 - Miami
8 - Thunder

Does anyone else get the sense that the CAVS are gassed? Offense I can somewhat understand...on paper, they may have the most offensive talent, though I'd argue that the SPURS(#2 OFF) should be the number 1 offense in the game.

But defense #4??
(*=good defender)

Irving/Waiters/*James/Love/Varejao/*Marion/Miller/Thompson/*Dellavedova/Haywood/Lucas/Thomas

Besides the *'s, the CAVS have poor on the ball defenders, poor pick and roll defenders and some of the worst defenders at the rim. They also have an unproven coach and no inherent chemistry. But yet this qualifies them to exceed the Clippers, Grizzlies, Heat, Thunder, Warriors?(might be #3), Wizards and Bobcats, all of whom are the proven top defensive teams?

Beds, if you see this please take another thorough look at this. We already know that CAVS will be the cheesers choice; at least let them be rated reasonably consistent with their characteristics and with other teams.
Don't overthink it. The formula isn't perfect as a few others have mentioned, but this year defensive rebounding is included in the formula. The Cavs have a lot of great rebounders and that unfortunately inflates their defensive grade. I think you will find they play very life like
Old 09-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Don't overthink it. The formula isn't perfect as a few others have mentioned, but this year defensive rebounding is included in the formula. The Cavs have a lot of great rebounders and that unfortunately inflates their defensive grade. I think you will find they play very life like
This is what I suspected and from that standpoint, it makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #60
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Observing the team ratings from this video, it is very interesting to see how the CAVS are rated compared to other teams.

The CAVS are #1 in Offense, #4 in Defense!? and #2 Overall.

I mentioned this in another thread about the CAVS defense being oddly high. Now that I have seen some other team ratings, here are the teams by order of overall defensive:

1 - Spurs
2 - Bulls
3 - ??
4 - Cavs**
5 - Clippers
6 - Grizzlies
7 - Miami
8 - Thunder

Does anyone else get the sense that the CAVS are gassed? Offense I can somewhat understand...on paper, they may have the most offensive talent, though I'd argue that the SPURS(#2 OFF) should be the number 1 offense in the game.

But defense #4??
(*=good defender)

Irving/Waiters/*James/Love/Varejao/*Marion/Miller/Thompson/*Dellavedova/Haywood/Lucas/Thomas

Besides the *'s, the CAVS have poor on the ball defenders, poor pick and roll defenders and some of the worst defenders at the rim. They also have an unproven coach and no inherent chemistry. But yet this qualifies them to exceed the Clippers, Grizzlies, Heat, Thunder, Warriors?(might be #3), Wizards and Bobcats, all of whom are the proven top defensive teams?

Beds, if you see this please take another thorough look at this. We already know that CAVS will be the cheesers choice; at least let them be rated reasonably consistent with their characteristics and with other teams.
Isn't the overall team rating based on the individual players on the team and the coaches rating?
I don't know how they do it but I know they don't put the ratings on the teams directly.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #61
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

I actually liked this video!!! The overall flow of the game play was good. A bit better than last year's game

I like the cut scenes, I might keep them on this year, I usually take them off

Last edited by ThaLiveKing; 09-16-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #62
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Gotta love pro level gameplay smh
Old 09-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
I see you are a producer so I have to ask, does the CPU EVER take mid range jumpers and 3pters off the dribble cause it has been missing from the game for a few years and the slider does NOTHING at all to help this out. It seriously adds to the enjoyment of playing against the CPU because ALL superstar perimeter players take lot of these. I get real irritated when im playing Melo and he NEVER shoots from the triple threat or NEVER shoots off the dribble. Instead, they ALWAYS throw a pass that makes absolutely no sense or will continue to try and force their way to the basket. It really kills the realism of the game cause they do everything else at a realistic level. If you can, please run this by some of the devs so we can get this right before release. Im sure a lot of players will appreciate it if you did. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Isn't the overall team rating based on the individual players on the team and the coaches rating?
I don't know how they do it but I know they don't put the ratings on the teams directly.
Yeah, it is, that's what seemed suspect. Player and coach ratings impact team ratings, so something seemed amiss somewhere. But when I originally brought this up, I wondered if they included rebounding in the equation, which Beds, has just confirmed. The CAVS have some strong rebounding, so being that this is factored into the overall defensive rating it makes more sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »