Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #73
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Cavaliers vs Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
The user would have to be given the tools to do so. They aren't, yet.
huh? the tools are already there and have been for years...you simply move the left stick to the right and player will shift the ball to his right hand. this control has been in the game for years.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-16-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Observing the team ratings from this video, it is very interesting to see how the CAVS are rated compared to other teams.

The CAVS are #1 in Offense, #4 in Defense!? and #2 Overall.

I mentioned this in another thread about the CAVS defense being oddly high. Now that I have seen some other team ratings, here are the teams by order of overall defensive:

1 - Spurs

2 - Bulls

3 - ??

4 - Cavs**

5 - Clippers

6 - Grizzlies

7 - Miami

8 - Thunder

Does anyone else get the sense that the CAVS are gassed? Offense I can somewhat understand...on paper, they may have the most offensive talent, though I'd argue that the SPURS(#2 OFF) should be the number 1 offense in the game.

But defense #4??

(*=good defender)

Irving/Waiters/*James/Love/Varejao/*Marion/Miller/Thompson/*Dellavedova/Haywood/Lucas/Thomas

Besides the *'s, the CAVS have poor on the ball defenders, poor pick and roll defenders and some of the worst defenders at the rim. They also have an unproven coach and no inherent chemistry. But yet this qualifies them to exceed the Clippers, Grizzlies, Heat, Thunder, Warriors?(might be #3), Wizards and Bobcats, all of whom are the proven top defensive teams?

Beds, if you see this please take another thorough look at this. We already know that CAVS will be the cheesers choice; at least let them be rated reasonably consistent with their characteristics and with other teams.

SMH. Warriors were 3rd to 4th in defense last year, had a defensive first team member in Iggy, upgraded their defensive personnel, AND got one of the best defensive assistant coaches in Ron Adams. And they don't even make the list.

Instead the Cavs get their place by acquiring someone whose defense is harped on, and another player who was cruising on defense all last season. :P It's like Barkley made these rankings.

I can hope the Warriors are 3, but it's probably Indy or something.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-16-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #75
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

Nice to see That Kyrie pull up at 4:30 . Hopefully we'll See James Harden Step back from the A.I

Player movement looks improved a lot from 14
http://youtu.be/7YPfVPoQ0uU
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 09-16-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 0

The only thing I didnt like was how Lebron handled getting screened, he got spun around on one that ended in a dunk, and went under another leaving the ball handler open for a 3, Lebron looked like a sorry defender. I hope he played like that because it was on Pro.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
again, i'm seeing issues with being able to dribble recklessly into defenders without losing the ball...the ball just clips through defenders without being deflected. stop allowing this, 2k. hold the user accountable.

at 4:37 the ball handler dribbles straight into the leg/body of the defender...no deflection. as the user, you should have to switch the ball to the right hand and angle it away from the defender to avoid dribbling the ball into his body...there's no accountability for dribbling the ball will nilly into defenders.

at 8:35 the ball handler does a reckless spin move into a defender...looks like the ball clipped right through the defender's body...it should've been deflected off the defender's body and led to a turnover. stop covering up for users' lack of awareness. come on, 2k. force people to actually watch where they're dribbling. quit allowing people to recklessly dribble the ball into the defenders' bodies with no deflection. people should have to be careful about where they place the ball with defenders nearby. you shouldn't be able to do spin moves in the paint if the space isn't available...if the defender is there, you should get bumped or the ball should bounce of the defender depending on the defender's location.

if you don't hold users accountable, skill and decision making become less and less of a determining factor.
There would be too many loose balls and the game would not be fun if you had to watch your every dribble move.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #78
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterkoo88
It's kind of pointless if the crowd intensity doesn't change. Especially when LeBron gets announced
Old 09-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #79
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
huh? the tools are already there and have been for years...you simply move the left stick to the right and player will shift the ball to his right hand. this control has been in the game for years.
Right but to be able to control the precise angle of the ball just isn't something that's possible. The game could also use smarter dribble targeting on the left-handed dribble in this particular situation, but doesn't. To me it's not really a big deal either way.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
SMH. Warriors were 3rd to 4th in defense last year, had a defensive first team member in Iggy, upgraded their defensive personnel, AND got one of the best defensive assistant coaches in Ron Adams. And they don't even make the list.

Instead the Cavs get their place by acquiring someone whose defense is harped on, and another player who was cruising on defense all last season. :P It's like Barkley made these rankings.

I can hope the Warriors are 3, but it's probably Indy or something.
Agreed. Fortunately, we can take these ratings with a grain of salt since rebounding is included. Next year, perhaps the Team ratings should be expanded where rebounding is its own category.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »