Home

Front Page Sports Football Release Date Set For September 25th, New Screenshots (PC)

This is a discussion on Front Page Sports Football Release Date Set For September 25th, New Screenshots (PC) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Front Page Sports Football Release Date Set For September 25th, New Screenshots (PC)

Front Page Sports Football is set to release on September 25th for PC gamers on Steam. For those that missed the first announcement in early August, don't be mistaken, this isn't a remake of the Sierra Online versions many of us played in the 90's.

Here are some of the features and new screenshots. For more, visit the official website.
  • One of the most advanced management game on PC for US Football
  • Powerful tactics edition tool: More than 2 300 plays available!
  • Revival of a mythical video game from the 90’s
  • Games replayable in 2D and 3D
  • A wide range of statistics to analyze
Read the full press release below.

The most iconic name in Football sims, Front Page Sports Football, is warmed up and taking to the field September 25, and today we offer you a quick look at how to plan and execute your strategy for a game using Gameplan and Playbook.

Front Page Sports Football allows you to prepare for your next opponent in two ways; delving through a team or individual player's stats, such as rushing and passing and much more; and by watching your opponents' previous games in 2D or 3D to get inside their tactics.

Armed with this knowledge, you can customize your Gameplan with plays to hammer at your opponent's weakness. On the field, your players will choose the best play for the situation from the Gameplan, but the best coaches know how to adapt, changing the Gameplan on the fly to maximize an advantage or respond to a crisis.

Your Playbook is a handpicked collection of 80 offensive and 60 defensive strategies drawn from over 2,300 plays. But, a play is only as strong as the athletes on the field. Effectiveness hinges not only on a player's position and stats, but also his previous experience with the play.

Each player has over 20 stats capable of influencing plays and the overall gameplan, including weight, agility, speed, morale, and even fame. Of course, proper training is critical, and it's up to you whether you push for quick and short-lived gains for the next game, or focus on developing better overall players for the seasons to come.

Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
So that's what players on a video game are supposed to look like, to scale, of a football field...
Old 09-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
I wish there was more info on this game. Reading the info on the game, it appears this maybe an online only game? Also, it appears the game can only be play through game planning and then watching the game? I would be interested if it was like the old FPS games where you call plays as the coach. Big bonus if it could do that and is multiplayer.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
So that's what players on a video game are supposed to look like, to scale, of a football field...
I always thought the scale of Madden games was off? Has anyone ever researched this I wonder?
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8
This looks really interesting! As a big sports management fan, if this game can show glimpses of potential and compete for my time against Football Manager and OOTP, then it's a winner.

Can't help but notice that it isn't licensed, so all fictional teams and I assume players, so hopefully there will be a community (or even the developers) built up that will release real NFL roster/team files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Front Page Sports Football Release Date Set For September 25th, New Screenshots (

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
This looks really interesting! As a big sports management fan, if this game can show glimpses of potential and compete for my time against Football Manager and OOTP, then it's a winner.

Can't help but notice that it isn't licensed, so all fictional teams and I assume players, so hopefully there will be a community (or even the developers) built up that will release real NFL roster/team files.
Yes I really hope it will be mod friendly.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Front Page Sports Football Release Date Set For September 25th, New Screenshots (

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I wish there was more info on this game. Reading the info on the game, it appears this maybe an online only game? Also, it appears the game can only be play through game planning and then watching the game? I would be interested if it was like the old FPS games where you call plays as the coach. Big bonus if it could do that and is multiplayer.
It says you can watch replays of games. I'm like you, I want to be able to play as a coach and call plays. I'd love to be able to do so and see the game play out in front me. Not really interested in replays of games after I know the outcome or simply to study my opponent.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13
Yeah, the info is a bit sparse. Can you edit/create plays like in FBPRO? Can you actually "play" the game as you could in FBPRO? This concept is incredibly exciting since FBPRO is my favorite football game of all time (and one of my favorite overall sports games).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »