Home

NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

The latest patch finally stabilized NBA 2K15's troublesome MyPark mode and fixed the frequent dashboard crashes that had been disrupting online sessions since release day.

But even now, with MyPark mostly working as intended, the overall experience remains more frustrating than fun.

Developer Visual Concepts seems insistent on distancing this mode from expected "competitive online multiplayer" norms like pre-game lobbies and identical team uniforms. Yet MyPark's inefficient match-finding system and style-over-function design fail to justify all these unnecessary deviations from online gaming's traditions.

Read More - NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree with the Rep thing however I don't think players should be able to grade you on your performance for the fact that some people (especially the one's that hog the ball and make the dumbest decisions) think everyone else on their team sucks.

It should be graded soley on performance giving less weight to volume shooting and more to making smart plays, involving your teammates and playing good defense (whenever 2k can figure out how to punish these players that run around behind the three point line until they lose their defender) MyPark needs to be more risk reward instead of win/loss. I know I am a good player, great support player and can be relied on to score but I realize when I have better offensive options I keep them involved the entire game so I don't have to bare the burden of putting up 15 points by myself.

And going back to the reason why players shouldn't be allowed to rate their teammates, players that hog the ball should be severely penalized especially if their team loses. To deter players from hogging the ball give them a small boost in rep if they win and a huge hit in rep when they lose. If 2k would take the entire game into consideration instead of style in MYPark solid players wouldn't suffer so much in the Rep department and games will become alot more competitve.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

Getting in games in the Park you picked isn't so bad, but the Jordan Rec Center is all messed up. I just don't understand why so many dudes just stand around. Pick a ****ing court and let's roll!!!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

Completely expressed my feelings. Knowing your shot offline means nothing, cause once you step into the realms of park, you have to hope and pray the game let's you hit a wide open uncontested shot. It's not because of skill. It's because of the unbearable lag. Or Maybe it's me. Because I actually try to set up the best possible shot to take, instead of sprinting down the court/running around in circles and splashing a 2. Maybe if I played that way my 90 something shooting will actually work. But I'm sure if Park ran like offline does, nobody would have a problem with their shots.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

My experience with MyPark, regardless of the matchmaking process, is that everybody just does their darndest to get to the hoop and dunk. That's it. Over and over and over again. Jump shots are 90% useless unless you can figure out the lag timing. 4 out of every 5 players cares about nothing except maxing their own scoring stats. Very little team work.

So I haven't touched MyPark in 2 weeks, not because it is hard to get a game started, but because it just is not fun at all.

Maybe I'm playing at the wrong times of day when there aren't any good players to team up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #6
Rookie

CHAPEdawg45's Arena

Honestly, I don't like MyPark. I play it but I don't like it. The "got next" feature is just poor for people who want to play 5 v 5, because you're forced to wait for an entire game to finish. The non coordinated uniforms can be a bother because it can be difficult to differentiate teammates most of the time. I feel MyPark is a cool concept but the execution isn't great. Bringing Crews back to the game would be awesome. It's just more organized and I can ball with friends on a whim without having to waste time hanging around watching a full game go on. It's just better.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #7
Rookie

CHAPEdawg45's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
My experience with MyPark, regardless of the matchmaking process, is that everybody just does their darndest to get to the hoop and dunk. That's it. Over and over and over again. Jump shots are 90% useless unless you can figure out the lag timing. 4 out of every 5 players cares about nothing except maxing their own scoring stats. Very little team work.

So I haven't touched MyPark in 2 weeks, not because it is hard to get a game started, but because it just is not fun at all.

Maybe I'm playing at the wrong times of day when there aren't any good players to team up with.
This too ^
Old 11-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #8
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

The regular park I have no issues with the waiting game, it doesn't last too long. The Jordan rec center is a mess when it comes to waiting. It's also frustrating because of affiliation, if it's not a championship week game let me play with whoever. I don't wanna wait for X amount of Flyers. I'll play with Rough Riders or Ballers, I just wanna play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »