Home

NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great post. The lack of matchmaking and the teammate grading system absolutely kills this mode. You covered matchmaking above but I want to add that the balance in negative and positive teammate grade fluctuations needs to change. For example, if your teammate isn't guarding their man and you go contest the shot and your man gets the offensive rebound and scores then you lose almost a whole letter grade for "allow offensive rebound" and "allow man to score". 2k needs to recognize when you've switched to another man so that doesn't happen. Even worse, if you block your man's shot and he get's it back then that's a net negative play due to "allowing your man to get the rebound". Also, if you get fouled and lose the ball you lose points for losing the ball even though you got fouled? And you lose points for getting the ball knocked away but when you knock the ball away from the dribbler you don't gain anything?? I don't understand. On top of all that say you take the inbounds pass, go down and score, your grade might go up a millimeter if that. Basically, there needs to be a better balance, and the negative factors are weighted too heavily especially since often you're being penalized for something that isn't your fault. The teammate grading system works better in MyCareer games because you have CPU teammates but there needs to be a whole different system for the Park since you have human teammates.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #10
Lid
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15's MyPark Needs Traditional Lobbies and Matchmaking

whoever idea it was to NOT let us see what quarter and time is left on jordan rec games should be flogged.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lid
whoever idea it was to NOT let us see what quarter and time is left on jordan rec games should be flogged.
Yup... my only experience with the Jordan Rec Center has been standing on a circle waiting for a game to finish.

Bad execution with this game mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #12
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
full of so much potential ...frustrating on so many parts....

makes me not want to play online but its so much fun when it works!
Old 11-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #13
Rookie

Agreed, we wait 20min for a game at J Rec only to find out that 1 or 2 guys quit during the previous game and there isn't enough guys to run..20+ mins wasted.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #14
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24
Lots of good feedback. We'll share with dev.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #15
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

I think only Jordan rec needs to be updated, The Park is perfectly fine to me besides the input lag. It's very easy to find a open park game, but difficult for the Jordan rec.
I do like the idea of a park where you can join random affiliation together, but I also feel like the affiliation thing is a good idea. Just needs to be improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 06:13 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 7
Also, I would like to see one on one matches. Why not? Maybe even 21 (we call it 33 here in Pittsburgh)

When you go to the REAL basketball court you might not always have a chance to get in the full court game, so we would go play 21 or 1 on 1 until it was time.

I think that would be a nice addiction also

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »