Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

besides new commentary

giving the batter full control

1. the ability to step back from the plate or avoid getting hit by a pitch. there are tons of games where a pitcher will fire the ball inside intentionally or by accident, and every time this happens its the cpu/animation that takes control of the batter. why not give the user total control. give the user the opton to move back with a push of the r2 button or the l2 button. r2 for right handed batters and l2 for the left handed batters. in addition, Id tie this into the injury slider set, just to netralize the potential abuse factor.

2. giving the user control to run to first base after hitting the ball. running to first base shouldnt be automatic. we should be given an option to use the advance base button to go to first base after we hit the ball. we are given the option to advance to every other base, running to first shouldnt be a given. Truth be told alot of us would need some discipline if this feature were to be added into a game. think about it, how many times have we just sat there and admired a hit, knowing that the batter would automatically run to first. How many of us would be thrown out at first because of this.

3. this is for analog controls. give us reverse controls for lefty and righty batters and pitchers.

4. fielding expecially with pop ups. its time to do away with the automatic catches. running under a pop fly to catch has become stale and dated. Catching a pop up should also include a second step. there shoudl be a catch/timing window. Make it adjustable/customizable like it is for all the other fielding functions.
So its basically running to position and then maybe pressing a button to catch. this would basically be a timing function dictated by a timing window and players fielder rating, but would take out the staleness routine catching.

5. new pci ball marker indicator. that orange thing is ugly. give us a regular baseball.

6. steal attempt- give us control of the baserunner running back to the base when a pitcher attempts to pick off a base stealer.

7. the ball landing indicator in the outfield should be adjustable.

8. we should have an option to turn off all meters for various pitching prferences. Id like to have the option to turn off the analog pitching meter etc.

9. adjust fatigue based on innings played. If I choose to play only 6 inning games, the fatigue of players and pitchers should be automatically adusted to reflect this.

10. dynamic weather. this is taken out of the EA playbook. use the weather channel feature to better represent real time game day weather. I should be able to use the user teams location or the user location for weather

all of these added features can will have an effect on era's, batting averages, errors, injuries. I was just thinking of ways that they can mae a game challenging and more organic in nature, without being dictated by how much one adjusts a particular slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #106
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Improve Fielding
Something isn't right. I'm glad that there's options available to us. I'm currently playing on auto. Transitioning isn't right yet. I'm hoping for continued work here.

TV Style Presentation
I wish MLB would work with SCEA and properly help promote the game. I love what some vendors, media outlets, and merchants have brought with the TV style presentation in EA's Madden and 2K's NBA. The thought of applying this style to the show has me dreaming for this now.

Gameplay AI
Better bullpen management and roster decisions.
Hoping this finally gets fixed: At home, with score tied. Let home team's closer start top of 9th inning unless stamina or injury prevents him.

Can't wait for The Show 15!
Old 11-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #107
Rookie

pay26's Arena

OVR: 0
1.- Logos postseason in hats

2.- Postseason towels fans

3.- New equipment catcher

4.- Create franchise and stadium
Old 11-13-2014, 01:38 AM   #108
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

1. Sharper graphics, particularly player faces.

2. Better franchise immersion. (something similar to what 2k had -- headlines that highlight top performances for each team).

3. User stats (again, 2k nailed this. Details hitting/pitching user stats with righty/lefty splits).

4. More uniform slots (including the Expos throwbacks).

5. Revamped commentary.

6. Historic stadiums (including Tiger Stadium, Candlestick Park and Ebbets Field)

More things I'd like to see but highly doubt we ever will:

1. Weekly highlights show in franchise (similar to NFL 2k5).

2. Players wearing team uniforms in All-Star Game.

3. The ability to use fewer teams in custom season/franchise and set up divisions how we like (for the purposes of historical rosters for pre-1961 eight-team leagues, 1969-76 six-team divisions, etc.)

This is the best video game I've ever played, but implementing some of these features would enhance it even more.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

Last edited by Spanky; 11-13-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #109
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5

A more "Ultimate Team Esque" card game with no created players, tons of legends and plenty of offline challenges. Like NBA's myTeam mode but better. Baseball should have the best card game....
Old 11-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #110
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinho
A more "Ultimate Team Esque" card game with no created players, tons of legends and plenty of offline challenges. Like NBA's myTeam mode but better. Baseball should have the best card game....
Totally agree. Diamond Dynasty is a cool concept but the thought of permanently losing players is a huge turnoff for me. I understand why some people like it but I much prefer the UT/myTeam approach.

And I agree about the Legends. Of course there's the licensing issue, but could you imagine pulling a Babe Ruth card? Man...
Old 11-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #111
Banned

Ok:
As for Online play, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE limit the frequency of check swings!!! Every opponent I play against literally check swings EVERY SINGLE BALL out of the strike zone! You wanna make MLB The Show realistic right? Right!?!? Alrighty then, make it happen!!
Also, lower the high part of the strike zone, just a LITTLE TEENY TINY bit. Those high strikes are a bit questionable.
Make some animations for outfielders so that they can show some urgency when trying to get the ball back to the infield.
Stealing bases: Make stealing bases take skill!! All a user has to do is press L2 and the computer jumps for them. That"s stupid!! Make it about the USER, not dependent on the computer!!
Default online hitting difficulty should be on LEGEND. Straight LEGEND. No Hall of Fame, no All Star, no ANY, if one wants to play an online RANKED match, the difficulty should be on LEGEND. Oh, and guess pitch OFF online RANKED matches should be default setting. (I also personally think balks should be turned off too by default setting in ORMs; why should I have to wait a whole entire hour just to throw a baseball? Nobody has time for all that! But I guess it ain't all that important. ORMs default presentation setting should always be on Fast Play too; hurry the game up, because again, nobody has time for that. In a situation where my opponent and I could be in like the 6th inning, we're in the freaking 3RD.)
Anything else?
Oh yeah, anything "Too Early" or "Very Early", or "Very Late" or "Too Late" should be a straight MISS. Too many foul balls going on.
Y'all probably about to dog me for this, but go ahead... I'm Done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #112
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagswag21
Ok:
As for Online play, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE limit the frequency of check swings!!! Every opponent I play against literally check swings EVERY SINGLE BALL out of the strike zone! You wanna make MLB The Show realistic right? Right!?!? Alrighty then, make it happen!!
Also, lower the high part of the strike zone, just a LITTLE TEENY TINY bit. Those high strikes are a bit questionable.
Make some animations for outfielders so that they can show some urgency when trying to get the ball back to the infield.
Stealing bases: Make stealing bases take skill!! All a user has to do is press L2 and the computer jumps for them. That"s stupid!! Make it about the USER, not dependent on the computer!!
Default online hitting difficulty should be on LEGEND. Straight LEGEND. No Hall of Fame, no All Star, no ANY, if one wants to play an online RANKED match, the difficulty should be on LEGEND. Oh, and guess pitch OFF online RANKED matches should be default setting. (I also personally think balks should be turned off too by default setting in ORMs; why should I have to wait a whole entire hour just to throw a baseball? Nobody has time for all that! But I guess it ain't all that important. ORMs default presentation setting should always be on Fast Play too; hurry the game up, because again, nobody has time for that. In a situation where my opponent and I could be in like the 6th inning, we're in the freaking 3RD.)
Anything else?
Oh yeah, anything "Too Early" or "Very Early", or "Very Late" or "Too Late" should be a straight MISS. Too many foul balls going on.
Y'all probably about to dog me for this, but go ahead... I'm Done.
Oh and I forgot, Quick Counts: OFF should be a default setting for online ranked matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »