Home

MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #137
Rookie

PitholeCreek's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show Wishlist, Ours and Yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitholeCreek
1) Retractable roofs are essential for me. 20% of major league teams play in stadiums with retractable roofs, and some of those teams play with the roof closed more than 50% of the time.

2) The ability to select the difficulty level that dynamic difficulty starts at. An experienced player shouldn't be required to start at Rookie.

3) Uniform accuracy. I realize that the developers are bound by the style guide, but there are some pretty clear errors that I have a hard time believing are attributable to the style guide.

4) A return of the classic batting practice. I loved having the ability to select specific pitches to see. I don't care for the RTTS practice modes.
I should have included this in my original post, but:

5) Lefty/righty ratings/splits for pitchers. Some lefty pitchers have a hard time getting right-handed hitters out, and some righties have trouble with left-handed batters. This should be reflected in the game.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:33 PM   #138
Rookie

noseeumcreek's Arena

OVR: 0

Will keep this to one request but try to detail my idea...

Create a franchise -

Hard to do since creating one would give uneven number of teams so what I think is that create a franchise should run along line of previous expansion team rules and draft rules. Instead of just one being created, have two (other controlled by CPU) and play out a draft where teams can protect certain number of players on their roster at every stage of draft. Competing against a CPU team would be fun because it would allow competition and playing out full scenario. It also effects nature of general draft, too (If I remember correctly) so that would be fun, too. After drafting 40 man roster from existing teams, have rest of draft play out by drafting from a large free agent pool (bigger than what game currently has) so teams that lost players can also restock.

With minor league affiliates, have ability to pick from already fictional teams in real cities. I think it's asking too much to have to create jerseys and logos for all those teams so have a pool of already created teams that announcers already verbalized so it would make it easier. The teams would be located near already existing divisions in minor league systems and computer would be able to rejuvenate new schedules by placing each team according to their nearby conference. If Single A affiliate is still by name only, have that open for using whatever city and name possible (good for people with small home towns).

I think this is the best way to realistically do a create a franchise mode. Of course, create a franchise implies create a stadium mode as well but I think doing it this way doesn't ask too much.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #139
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Create a stadium, Create a stadium As A Jays fan FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD CREATE A STADIUM! You Can polish a Turd as much as You want it's still a turd!.....

Whoa.. sorry about that people I got carried away there.

Also can they please fix the franchise trade logic

And someone earlier mentioned the scouting of undrafted players, I'm ok with the scouting of them but with the limited amount of time to scout it should be clearer right away so time isn't wasted.

Either that or bring back season long scouting seeing as last time i checked scouts don't stop scouting once the draft is over

Oh Yeah and GO Ticats!

Last edited by bobloblah1980; 11-25-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #140
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Watching Ken Burns' Baseball brought another idea to mind; video filters that emulate different eras of television, a'la NBA 2K12. If there ever was some sort of historic mode, playing as Ted Williams in black-and-white with a grain filter would be awesome.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #141
Banned

HouseKeepinItReal's Arena

OVR: 2

1)player collisions and fielder collisions. possibility of communication errors between fielders. press a certain button to have a player 'call for it'.

2)all new fielding , perhaps hold a button and then the motion controls come into play and i can control my players glove. making a diving catch is not hard but in this game i always dive over the ball. the ability to control which animation i am going into would be awesome

3)more stats in game.

4)ability to adjust feet position in batters' box.

5) coaching signals. (steal first etc).

6) more intelligent crowds. also the children look creepy LOL

7)face scan for create a player
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 08:50 PM   #142
Just started!

1)Better commentary I'm tired of hearing the same thing over and over.

2)Endorsements like in 2k.

3)Real companies for cleats,batting gloves, bats etc.

4)Have a story mode for rtts like in 2k.

5)Longer tape for players edits

6)Retractable roofs that work

7)More animations for celebrations

8)Press conferences like in 2k

9)I want rtts to have a retirement tour like jeter and Mariano had

10)better trade and contract logic
Old 11-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #143
Rookie

MikeFlu's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm not greedy. I just want the standings board on the Green Monster in Fenway to update. I don't understand why it wasn't done years ago.

Edit: Oh yeah, and tell us the length of every home run. There's nothing you can hurt by announcing or putting an overlay up.

2nd Edit: Ok, maybe I am greedy. Minor League rehab assignments.

Last edited by MikeFlu; 11-28-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #144
Banned

encbase13's Arena

1. I believe the equipment needs to be touched up mainly the cleats. When are brand name companies's products like Nike, Mizuno, Under Armour, Oakley going to have their equipment added into the game?

2. Some kind of storyline added into RTTS would be a great addition. Interviews, pre-game and post-game cut scenes just like 2K's infamous MyCareer mode. As long as it does not take away from the amazing gameplay that is.

3. Will we ever have the ability to load a roster after starting a Franchise or RTTS? Meaning I would not have to re-start just because I want to use the most up to date roster.

4. A first person camera option should be given to us.

5. Also, how about giving us the ability to control one player in game instead of controlling the entire team? Kind of an RTTS capability but that would work for Exhibition games Franchise etc. This would allow people to control their favorite player and play a season/game with only control of them when playing.

6. Face scan for RTTS is a must.

7. Single-A teams I believe need to be added by now. I have been waiting for years for this to happen.

8. The trade logic needs to be worked on. SERIOUSLY. THE GM'S LOGIC (TRADES, ROSTER MOVES) HAS BEEN HORRIBLE FOR TOO LONG.

9. FOX or MLB Network broadcast overlays would be lovely.

10. I believe when in RTTS we should have the option to play a full broadcast style game. What I mean by that is give us the option to watch the game in broadcast style like in quick games. I kind of hate the default camera we are forced to use for fielding. It is really hard to pick up where the ball is going or landing at times depending on the shadows in a game or whether its night time.

11. More haircuts please! You know like real haircuts (Urban/Spanish haircuts) if you want to call it that. You guys have had the same generic hairstyles for YEARS now I think its time for something completely NEW. Waves, tape ups, different style of corn rows, high top fades or hairstyles like that would be great.

12. A more in depth pre-game feel to RTTS. More activities pre-game like fielding, locker room cut scenes or clubhouse interactions. For example if I want to switch position don't have it be just a dialog box I press to speak to the manager. Actually show me walking into the Manager's office to request just that. Just give us more of a in the game feel. Let players walk around in the dugout to get gatorade or seeds bats, gloves etc.

To be continued..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »