Home

First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th

This is a discussion on First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: First News on MLB 15 The Show Coming on December 6th - 7th

how about getting rid of the late game ratings boost for the team currently losing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #42

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
how about getting rid of the late game ratings boost for the team currently losing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And this is where this discussion ends.....
Old 11-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 24

Retooled ball physics
improvements to fielding, especially with super-CPUs diving all over the place
fix the baserunning/stealing issues
a fleshed out franchise mode

Also I never saw that other thread from Seanjeezy. Good to know that we might get some palpable information soon!
Old 11-29-2014, 03:40 PM   #44
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
correct me if am wrong MLB the show has the one of the shortest wishlist from you guys of any sports game. making it the best sports game
It's not even close to NBA 2k15, in terms of graphics and presentation (probably game modes too), Not. Even. Close. In my opinion anyways. It does have the best gameplay though.

Which is why i hope to hear about improvements to graphics and presentation first.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #45
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm also hoping for retooled physics, specifically with how the ball reacts to different surfaces. The hit variety in 14 is easily the best in the series, but I still haven't seen any choppers off the plate or hard smashes down the line making it all the way to the wall. Said walls are also way too hard, a ball hitting off the padding should not bounce 10 feet in the air afterwards.

The fielding animations will probably need to be tweaked to adjust to the incoming speed of the ball. More conservative routes to the baseball should lead to more extra base opportunities for slower players (I find it pretty much impossible to go 1st to 3rd on a groundball to right field with anyone under 70 speed).

And of course, improvements to the usual stuff everyone else has brought up already
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I'm also hoping for retooled physics, specifically with how the ball reacts to different surfaces. The hit variety in 14 is easily the best in the series, but I still haven't seen any choppers off the plate or hard smashes down the line making it all the way to the wall. Said walls are also way too hard, a ball hitting off the padding should not bounce 10 feet in the air afterwards.

The fielding animations will probably need to be tweaked to adjust to the incoming speed of the ball. More conservative routes to the baseball should lead to more extra base opportunities for slower players (I find it pretty much impossible to go 1st to 3rd on a groundball to right field with anyone under 70 speed).

And of course, improvements to the usual stuff everyone else has brought up already
Most of those things are directly tied to one problem: the exit velocity on batted balls is too low. If you jack the power slider up, you get quite a few more choppers and hard grounders... you get balls flying down the line, etc.. You also get 4000 home runs and other nonsense that makes it unideal for playing baseball, but my point is the potential is already there. It's not that the ground isn't bouncy enough, it's that the ball doesn't travel with enough energy to accommodate a good bounce.

Increasing the exit-velocity on batted balls would be a great boost to the ball physics. An increase to this velocity and a more complex collision system that you alluded to (ball to wall vs ball to brick vs ball to human all have the same result, currently), and I think no other improvements or changes to ball physics would ever be necessary.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #47
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
It's not even close to NBA 2k15, in terms of graphics and presentation (probably game modes too), Not. Even. Close. In my opinion anyways. It does have the best gameplay though.

Which is why i hope to hear about improvements to graphics and presentation first.
Totally agreed. Most gamers put gameplay ahead of graphics on the priority list (myself included), but in this instance if it was the same exact game with NBA 2K-quality visuals I'd be just fine.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #48
Rookie

robbymac's Arena

Create a team! I can imagine the awesome ones we would see in the vault

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »