Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Writing about a game where there is almost no information on it and just pure speculation is not easy.

And then there’s writing about Joe Montana Football 16, a game which is as mysterious in the sense that we don’t even know if it truly exists much less what company is working on it.

Read More - Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 07:18 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Well that is a huge disappointment to say the least! This guy (mr. grow) shouldnt play with peoples emotions! Its bad enough we have no modern day football game to play and someone is out there rubbing sheet in our face! Thanks a lot!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:30 PM   #3
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
What about the tweet where Grow said it wouldn't just be limited to PC (or something along those lines)? Or by your "multi-platform free to play" statement you meant that it would encompass the PC (via internet and not software)? Maybe not limited to PC also means mobile, too? Now I'm beginning to think again that this will be some free to play game as you stated earlier. If so, what a drag. Sigh... Back to Madden 12.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #4
Banned

I'm waiting for E3, if they don't show anything by then then Ill have concern, hopefully its not a mobile only game and a serious next gen football title.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
Banned

Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
And then there’s writing about Joe Montana Football 16, a game which is as mysterious in the sense that we don’t even know if it truly exists...
That's taking it too far.

While I agree that the way they've gone about things isn't great... well, honestly, I think just about all of it has been entirely off. But there is no reason to think they aren't actually working on a game.

At this point, nobody is asking for a screenshot, a feature, nothing. All people want to really know is what platforms the game will be on and what the release window is. If they just told people that very basic thing that pretty much no company ever hides this close to a possible release (what are they thinking?), everybody would be okay and understanding with them disappearing until April-May-June and re-emerging when the promotional cycle is ready to start.

When 2K was pushing out All-Pro Football 2K8, the way they went about marketing the game was so terrible that the bad marketing was making news headlines rather than the game itself, and then news headlines were being made about the bad marketing making news headlines... it was a fiasco. I see the possibility of this happening all over again and this article could be the beginning. They'd better correct this before it becomes a thing and they can do it right now before it's too late. Now is the time when not as many eyes are on them.

They have two options here:

1. Disappear until they have something worthwhile to tell us/show us.

2. Tell us what the basic cursory plans are (platforms, release window, game type and key targets) and then disappear until they have something worthwhile to tell us/show us about it.

If Joe is pulling the strings as it's been said, then it's time to group up and talk as a team to Joe about making some changes to how they're dealing with this.

Otherwise, the longer they keep dangling the carrot with this cryptic stuff and motivational twitter posts, the worse the backlash will be for them if the game is either not on the platforms their fanbase is expecting, or isn't the type of game they were expecting, or simply isn't as good a game as they were expecting.

Hopefully, this article and the posts here wake them up to this.

Last edited by FaceMask; 02-24-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Just hope this isn't another Backbreaker
Old 02-24-2015, 09:43 PM   #7
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Good post, FaceMask. I totally agree.

On a second note, Damon said they were on the verge of opening forum. Not sure if its purpose was for them to field ideas (I'm assuming they're too long in development to be taking our ideas into consideration for this release) or just a place to drop info. Still waiting to hear when we can expect that forum and what it's purpose will be.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
Banned

Well said FaceMask! This cutesy-wootsy subliminal messaging stuff is for the birds and will cause a backlash of sorts imo. I am no marketing wizard but some of this stuff seems like common sense imo. Football video gaming is doomed! But wait......Its more than just a roster update haha!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »