Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #33
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
You remind me of 18th century folk when it comes to atoms and cells.
Swing and a miss - cells have been known to exist since the mid-1600s and the ancient Greeks posited the concept of an atom even though the atom wasn't observable until centuries later. Nice try, though!

As to the game - I'll be interested if and when this team shows something. I do think a mobile football game done right could be really interesting, to be honest, though again I think its gameplay design would likely have to be radically different from console Madden to really succeed on mobile.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:11 PM   #34
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Swing and a miss - cells have been known to exist since the mid-1600s and the ancient Greeks posited the concept of an atom even though the atom wasn't observable until centuries later. Nice try, though!

As to the game - I'll be interested if and when this team shows something. I do think a mobile football game done right could be really interesting, to be honest, though again I think its gameplay design would likely have to be radically different from console Madden to really succeed on mobile.
You knew what I was trying to say haha. Plus, there were plently "Godly-Devoted" people in the 17th and 18th centuries that denounced such ideas. But all that is besides the point.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #35
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacksimfootball
It's possible 2K is involved, but highly improbable that Sega is. Sega is doing very badly right now, although it was announced recently that they are going to be focusing squarely on mobile and PC games (I know mobile is a dirty word around here, lol) so if Sega were involved that probably would be a sign of what's being targeted.

Anyway, here are some heads:

The detail here is amazing. I just can't see this as mobile game quality. That video of Joe and Damon is really telling too. Joe basically admits he thought the consoles were barren of football games and really wants to get a game that could compete against Madden.

I'm very optimistic that this is a full game being developed for pc and consoles. It's giving me some reason to hope for awhile at least instead of having to accept the madden status quo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #36
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The detail here is amazing. I just can't see this as mobile game quality. That video of Joe and Damon is really telling too. Joe basically admits he thought the consoles were barren of football games and really wants to get a game that could compete against Madden.

I'm very optimistic that this is a full game being developed for pc and consoles. It's giving me some reason to hope for awhile at least instead of having to accept the madden status quo.
Exactly KJ, I don't understand why some seem almost afraid to entertain the idea that another football game is at hand, that's not only mobile. It's not like getting excited or interested in that prospect, given the info we have, is some "end of times" scenario if it turns out to be wrong. No one is running out selling all their earthly possessions on the hopes that JM16 is more than just a mobile game, lol. If that turns out to be the case, which I don't think it will, we are no worse off. Some people need to lighten up, imo.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:39 PM   #37
MVP

mestevo's Arena

When there's even a hint that its anything but a mobile (+ maybe PC?) game you can get out the told you so's for us 'afraid' folks. Why anyone who disagrees with the relatively unfounded optimism is afraid, needs to lighten up, etc I have no idea though. We're just applying common sense and what little has been eeked out of Grow.

The Montana renders like everything else thus far aren't in the context of a game engine, theyre a model and texture(s), nothing really indicative of platform.

But perhaps I'm just too afraid to understand.

Last edited by mestevo; 02-25-2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 PM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
When there's even a hint that its anything but a mobile game you can get out the told you so's for us 'afraid' folks. Why anyone who disagrees with the relatively unfounded optimism is afraid, needs to lighten up, etc I have no idea though. We're just applying common sense and what little has been eeked out of Grow.

The Montana renders like everything else thus far aren't in the context of a game engine, theyre a model and texture(s), nothing really indicative of platform.

But perhaps I'm just too afraid to understand.
I don't the get this thing where I make a post, not attacking anyone for their respective POV, just stating there is absolutely no actual harm in being optimistic about a new game based on what info we have, then you make a post like the quoted one in reply. One with all kind of condescending remarks, which I bolded, I especially like the part about "applying common sense", which apparently anyone that's optimistic is not doing, according to you. Imo, there are hints and statements that make optimism founded but like with any number of other things, we all presumably have the same info, we just interpret it differently.

FYI, in case you haven't noticed, there are actually posters that have made posts stating they don't want to get their hopes up about jm16 because they don't want to be disappointed, those are mainly the posters I was referring to with the "afraid" reference.

That said, don't let that stand in the way of you trying to make my "afraid" reference into some veiled personal attack. smh
Old 02-25-2015, 11:32 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't the get this thing where I make a post, not attacking anyone for their respective POV, just stating there is absolutely no actual harm in being optimistic about a new game based on what info we have, then you make a post like the quoted one in reply. One with all kind of condescending remarks, which I bolded, I especially like the part about "applying common sense", which apparently anyone that's optimistic is not doing, according to you. Imo, there are hints and statements that make optimism founded but like with any number of other things, we all presumably have the same info, we just interpret it differently.

FYI, in case you haven't noticed, there are actually posters that have made posts stating they don't want to get their hopes up about jm16 because they don't want to be disappointed, those are mainly the posters I was referring to with the "afraid" reference.

That said, don't let that stand in the way of you trying to make my "afraid" reference into some veiled personal attack. smh
The ignore button is your friend
Old 02-25-2015, 11:36 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead

Cool! No one knows except the dev team and JM. If it turns out just to be a mobile game then we will certainly be disappointed, but nothing we can do about it. All there is left to do is wait patiently, be supportive in any way we can and hope for the best!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »