Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:46 PM   #169
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

1 guy. 1 guy knows about the 1st party loophole. 1 random guy. The entire gaming reporters community doesnt know.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:54 PM   #170
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Ok. Has Madden gotten that bad,that people are willing to play the game without any kind of NFL licensing? I'm by no means a Madden fan boy,it's hard for me to play a football video game without real NFL teams and players,sorry I just can't get into generic players and teams,it's just me,but apparently there fans out there that are willing to do that. It's your choice and it's your right to play the game you choose! Like I've said before,until EA looses the exclusive NFL license or the NFL decides to no longer give exclusive licenses out,it's going to be EA and any publisher that creates a football video game,they aren't going to be able to compete with EA because of the exclusive license deal. Wether anybody wants to admit it or not,if you had a choice between playing a game with the exclusive NFL and real player likenesses and playing a game without,most people would pick the latter! Do I wish more companies could make NFL games heck yeah! I'm all for it,and I hope one day that happens! I'm tired of just one NFL video game to play,the industry needs more NFL games and give players more choices. I'm not a fan of the exclusive license deals and never have been,I predicted long ago when the whole exclusive license thing started it would hurt the sports video industry and it has! All it has done is make a huge monopoly and all it does is hurt us as the consumers. I miss the days when you had choices. Competition only does good things! As the consumer it's a win win for us!
YES...Madden has gotten that bad sadly
Old 03-03-2015, 11:54 PM   #171
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
1 guy. 1 guy knows about the 1st party loophole. 1 random guy. The entire gaming reporters community doesnt know.
Pretty sure most of us know how this movie ends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 12:02 AM   #172
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
I'm not really sure why the hate for mobile and/or browser based games. Developers are doing some really great things incorporating cross platform technology to give users an entirely new way to experience a game. Look at games such as these:
http://www.kingsmanmovie.com/becomeakingsman/ Uses both your phone & browser to sync up.
http://www.fiveminutes.gs/]
While understood, these aren't football games, what it does is opens the concept to our definition of a "video game".

I could imagine a football IP that is cross platform and therefore gives users a constantly-connected experience. Imagine, playing a football game on your console/PC -or- simulation/coaching mode on your browser/tablet, managing your rosters from mobile/desktop, etc all while staying connected to your friends/league. This creates a living world, for lack of better term. This could be something JMF16 is exploring, hence why they've been so secretive about the platform.

Overall, I'm simply excited at the possibility of another football IP and one that looks to be developed by individuals who are truly passionate about the game.
Football is a game of chess....some games just CANT be duplicated on a cellphone or tablet. If i have to explain this your way younger than i am.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:10 AM   #173
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by stos5363
Well how do you know have you seen the nfl's contract with your own eyes ? Theres a reason ea didnt release the details when they renewed there contract with nfl
I'm not sure anyone is privy to any contract between two business parties, I know I'm not.

As was reported last year, EA has the exclusive NLF license for a couple more years.

And, I'm sure they will have every opportunity to renew that contract.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:16 AM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the best part about this guy "breaking his silence" is that it's so believable. I totally believe that even with the head start EA has had, that a console exclusive first-party football game with the NFL license would outshine Madden.

The good console exclusives with a proper development cycle (Halo, Uncharted, GTA, GoW) speak for themselves in terms of polish.

JM16 would succeed if it does what it does well. Football fundamentals and expected outcomes are big pieces that I think Madden fails to recreate. What 2k5 did so well was to consistently achieve a proper cause-and-effect environment, which took the focus off the rough edges. For instance, you don't notice a lack of animations when they play reliably and in context. So even though you always see the same stiff arm animation on a successful attempt, you also see specific animations for ball carriers bumping into teammates or pass rushers getting skinny to get around engaged blockers.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:24 AM   #175
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
This could be one of those things people just assumed was the case because no 1st party developer ever did it, not because it's forbidden. I have no idea whether that post is factual or not but it shouldn't be dismissed based on assumptions, imo.

After reading that part about being open to 1st party developers, I started internet searching and found this. It's an article by Owen Good about the renewal of the NFL exclusive in 2012 and in the comments section he addresses a question about this very topic.

"Microsoft does not have a license to make an NFL licensed game, first party or otherwise. Simply being a first party software maker, whether by acquisition or otherwise, doesn't entitle you to make the game without a license. And as I understand it, the software license granted to EA Sports is total, covering first or third-party software makers. Conceivably Microsoft or Sony—huge corporations—could muscle in if they really wanted to make an NFL game, but I doubt it's worth their time or attention." http://kotaku.com/5878160/ea-lawsuit...e-to-be-killed

Two quick points about this:

1) Good had just written an entire article about the NFL exclusive and has presumably been following it for sometime, yet even he states "And as I understand it", which seems to me he's not certain of the fact.

2) Even though he believes the NFL exclusive includes first party development, he also believes Microsoft could find a way to make a NFL game if they desired to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 12:25 AM   #176
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Pretty sure most of us know how this movie ends.
Sequel is never better either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »