Home

Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #177
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: A Mysterious Game Remains Under Wraps

Heck, anything and everything is believable on the net, ask the media.

It's up to each individual to separate the truth vs crap and what they choose to believe.

I'm not believing a random poster who falls out of the clear blue sky with their first post on OS
until more hard facts are on the table. Otherwise, it's just all about conjecture and speculation at this point.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:38 AM   #178
MVP

OVR: 20

Maybe this new team is waiting for the current license to expire (next few months?) and already knows they will be able to go forward with a NFL game after that time. Seems strange if we really are getting a new NFL game in July we wouldn't at least hear a little bit from an official announcement at this point.

From viewing the Twitter accounts, seeing the artists "NFL" renderings and all the other new info that has found a way to trickle out, I really believe there is something actually there.

Can't remember the last time I was this excited for E3 to start.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:40 AM   #179
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This could be one of those things people just assumed was the case because no 1st party developer ever did it, not because it's forbidden. I have no idea whether that post is factual or not but it shouldn't be dismissed based on assumptions, imo.

After reading that part about being open to 1st party developers, I started internet searching and found this. It's an article by Owen Good about the renewal of the NFL exclusive in 2012 and in the comments section he addresses a question about this very topic.

"Microsoft does not have a license to make an NFL licensed game, first party or otherwise. Simply being a first party software maker, whether by acquisition or otherwise, doesn't entitle you to make the game without a license. And as I understand it, the software license granted to EA Sports is total, covering first or third-party software makers. Conceivably Microsoft or Sony—huge corporations—could muscle in if they really wanted to make an NFL game, but I doubt it's worth their time or attention." http://kotaku.com/5878160/ea-lawsuit...e-to-be-killed

Two quick points about this:

1) Good had just written an entire article about the NFL exclusive and has presumably been following it for sometime, yet even he states "And as I understand it", which seems to me he's not certain of the fact.

2) Even though he believes the NFL exclusive includes first party development, he also believes Microsoft could find a way to make a NFL game if they desired to.
Well, I certainly don't believe that the game developers just haven't tried or looked into the possibility of creating another football game. It's the most popular sport in North America and probably among the biggest properties that a game developer could get. It's not just going to be an oversight.

I do believe that if Microsoft REALLY, REALLY wanted to, they could convince EA to let them have their piece of the pie. But being a super secret game that no one has seen a screen of yet, let alone know what the actual game looks like...

Look, if Microsoft was going to break into the world of the NFL and create an NFL Licensed Video Game, that **** would be advertised literally everywhere. You would want to hype the literal **** out of it until you cannot even change the channel or watch something on HULU without hearing about it.

I understand people are fed up with Madden and want an alternative. Hoping that this is something that it clearly isn't...that's not going to help you.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:03 AM   #180
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Well, I certainly don't believe that the game developers just haven't tried or looked into the possibility of creating another football game. It's the most popular sport in North America and probably among the biggest properties that a game developer could get. It's not just going to be an oversight.

I do believe that if Microsoft REALLY, REALLY wanted to, they could convince EA to let them have their piece of the pie. But being a super secret game that no one has seen a screen of yet, let alone know what the actual game looks like...

Look, if Microsoft was going to break into the world of the NFL and create an NFL Licensed Video Game, that **** would be advertised literally everywhere. You would want to hype the literal **** out of it until you cannot even change the channel or watch something on HULU without hearing about it.

I understand people are fed up with Madden and want an alternative. Hoping that this is something that it clearly isn't...that's not going to help you.
Not being funny but what exactly "clearly isn't" at this point? It's mostly conjecture and speculation no matter if we're optimistic or pessimistic about the game, we simply don't know enough. This is partly what a video game forum is for, at times like these. I am going to enjoy this time while it lasts and whatever happens, happens.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:07 AM   #181
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Not being funny but what exactly "clearly isn't" at this point? It's mostly conjecture and speculation no matter if we're optimistic or pessimistic about the game, we simply don't know enough. This is partly what a video game forum is for, at times like these. I am going to enjoy this time while it lasts and whatever happens, happens.
Here people are grabbing anything that gives them hope and in this case this guy is not telling the truth. Between being badly misinformed or lying he falls moreso to lying to me.

Its all of you guys who want to swallow it up (not saying its you but whomever it is in here)

What you want to do is guard against that kind of stuff in the community. Whomever this company is has gained some attention but also have created a crapstorm of disappointment and angst if its not what you're wanting at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2015, 01:10 AM   #182
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88

It's still early, If true, I think we may hear something in May with a big reveal at E3.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:14 AM   #183
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Old 03-04-2015, 01:18 AM   #184
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I know I've been a little negative about this, but I really do hope this is legit. I would buy an Xbox One for it if it was a good game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »