Home

Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot?

This is a discussion on Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #161
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Joe Montana Football 16: First In-Game Screenshot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'll be honest - that does look like an Xbox banner in the out-of-focus stadium. And if it is, that probably means this game is Xbox exclusive, which means I have no dog in this fight. The PC rumors came out of that one-post wonder, and I seriously doubt the credibility of that post.

But that pic is so low-res that I don't know what to make of it. To me, the only thing that this confirms is that there is actually a football game of some sort being made.
I don't know, if this had been NFL I could see it being an Xbox exclusive but a generic game needs all the help it can get. I don't see them ignoring the PlayStation market. Of course Black College Football went exclusive so it's not impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #162
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
I dont think it has to be "on par" with madden exactly, NBA LIVE has come back from the grave and last year it was a joke compared to 2kNBA. This year it improved but is still not as good as 2k. I think the graphics can even be alittle below madden as long as the gameplay seems more realistic than madden. No forced animations would be a good start, they are killing madden this year. Also madden continues to screw things up for Franchise mode cause they putting all they money into stupid MUT.If this games gameplay and franchise brings more of what people wanting than madden, or even close , it will sell . As long as its on ps4, ill be buying it for sure!

Valid comparison with the basketball games. I play both basketball games and so do many others..Live does have a following even if the game isnt as robust as 2k's offering yet.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #163
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I don't know, if this had been NFL I could see it being an Xbox exclusive but a generic game needs all the help it can get. I don't see them ignoring the PlayStation market. Of course Black College Football went exclusive so it's not impossible.
this is what im feeling too. If its generic, what would they really benefit from being an exclusive? Dont make good sense really. MLB the show ,is MLB. This not looking like its NFL, says to me it will be on both consoles . It would be dumb to leave out the Playstation owners , when there is a huge market there . More PS4s sold than xbox 1s alone says that. Many will not go buy another console for 1 game, its just not going to happen. I cant see them being dumb enough to limit it like that personally, if so , i think it will end up exactly where that game you mentioned did ( Black College Football) ... in the well forgotten bin in no time.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 03-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #164
Rookie

jjazwick's Arena

OVR: 7
Maybe someday we will be able to have reviews like this one with Joe Montana football coming back out! Love the points when they talked about Madden player movement and sliding and how ESPN NFL had better movement!

Old 03-17-2015, 11:41 AM   #165
Rookie

footballismyhobby's Arena

OVR: 0

That definitely looks like an XBOX banner. If it is, can we then give the post more credibility?

Or should I just shut up and still forget about it?

I disagree with those just discounting this as an NFL game right away.

Don't you guys the least bit consider that they just can't reveal it's licenced yet?

I am not saying I think it is licenced, all I'm saying is don't forget right away that this could just be custom teams.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #166
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballismyhobby
That definitely looks like an XBOX banner. If it is, can we then give the post more credibility?

Don't you guys the least bit consider that they just can't reveal it's licenced yet?

I am not saying I think it is licenced, all I'm saying is don't forget right away that this could just be custom teams.

Thoughts?
Sure, we could do that, if it's the only thing that is true?

I have to go by a picture tells a thousand words. Why mess any more around with your audience than you already have?

If it's licensed, then all probability it's a mobile game.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 AM   #167
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Love that we finally got something. Looks good but gotta see it in motion. Madden looks good in screenshots as well, then when in motion.........you know.

One thing I like is if he's rolling out to the left his form looks correct. Unlike Madden rolling out to the left the qb doesn't have his shoulders facing down field and isn't even looking down the field for options. Crap looks terrible.

Looking forward to seeing more.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #168
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballismyhobby

Thoughts?
I still don't buy that 2k is involved, which is one of the other things that post said. I can't just deny that part of it and believe the rest (license part included) without question. That's why I doubt the PC part as well. That's how I felt even before the screenshot.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »