Home

Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Whoa, before people start pushing Clint off a cliff, let's back up the truck a bit here.

He does respond, correct? I did see Moody respond just this week that Clint watches all the videos he sends him and state he doesn't have to, correct?

An employee won't say anything bad about their product on a public platform that is seen by millions across the world. It's not like Cheers where everybody knows their name.

Maybe if and when Clint leaves Tibouron he will write a tell all novel, but he won't acknowledge issues in public to the people that writes his check, would you?

If I went on FB and Twitter and said anything resembling negativity towards the company I work at, I could be fired based on corporate policy and it's in black and white in the company handbook I signed.

I have my issues with Madden and it's well documented in one of these threads.
I think we get that player, I dont want them to say anything negative. Just want them to not deny video evidence. Its like, if I order an apple pie from a baker and he brings me a pie with no apples in it, I show him no apples are in it, I want him to admit the problem I show him exists and then for him to fix it and give me what I was told I was payin for.

My deal is, if these dudes wont even admit there is a problem, how can we ever have faith that they can fix it? Its been a lotta times over the years where they faked the funk on things so its not like its new to us, its just now they do it on Twitter and more eyes can see it and holla back at it.

Its cool that Clint responds, but its gotta mean somethin to the game for it to matter. Based on how he responds alotta times I cant see how the mentality he puts out can help the game. I dont know how many times this dude has acted like every problem with Madden in the past is not worth talking about because he wasnt there when it was made, even though the problems are still there. What does he expect people to do? Its like he expect us to give it a pass cause he wasnt there when it started, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #122
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Even if that were true, you do realize that much of what he said isn't an opinion, right? Football fundamentals aren't opinion. There is a right way and a wrong way to do everything in football, and clearly Madden's animations and AI consistently display wrong ways that objectively don't line up with fundamental football.

Now, his view that the improvements have been small could be viewed as an opinion, but can you honestly say with a straight face that this is wrong? I mean, Smitty, let's be real here, can you honestly say the pace of innovation from 2005 to 2015 with EA/Tiburon at the helm is the same as the pace from just 1999 to 2004 when there was competition? Can you name any single innovation that EA/Tiburon has put into Madden in the last decade that put it ahead of where football gaming was before the exclusive license? I really want to know, because I can't think of a single thing Madden has introduced in the last decade that could be classified as "innovation".

As for his interactions with Clint Oldenburg, well, that's a fact because we can see that in writing. All Clint does is talk to people like they're crazy when they mention a problem. BBSB showed the man footage from the game and he denies it like it's not there, lol. I remember a funny one where Clint was saying that the blocking AI is the best ever of any football game ever made, then RyanMoody and BBSB both quickly posted videos of plays where the blocking was completely broken (not that it's hard to find those). This is the sort of stuff that can't be defended.

What makes people concerned about this whole thing is that people who defend this game pretty much respond the same way the EA Employees do now, but EA employees get paid to respond like that. I think people want to see expectations being demanded by people interacting with EA, rather than an endless sea of hope that ignores the reality we can all see, because at this point wouldn't a person not want to keep having their time wasted?

It's good to be positive, but there comes a point when positivity becomes gullibility and the communities that defend this game are way past the positivity point now. It's like they're all just parroting PR statements written by Tiburon.
I don't know if you pay attention to me at all or not, but if you have been for at least the past 5 years you would know that I've been saying for the longest that Madden and EA football has been far behind any other sports title out there and it needs to catch up. We all know this even the current devs know this.

It's going to take time for the game to get where it needs to be, but internal change was required in order for that to happen. Since that has taken place the game has progressively improved over the past three years you don't have to admit it or acknowledge it but I'm not going to deny it despite the flaws and the gameplay issues.

Is it a shame that Madden isn't better than 2k football yet? Obviously it is, but these current devs have been there for 3 games currently and Madden 16 will be their fourth. Me blaming them for what happened prior to 2012 is like blaming Jim Caldwell or Jim Schwartz for the Lions going 0-16 back in 2008 and still holding that over their heads because they didn't win a super bowl yet.

I judge by what actual progress is made, and give my opinion based upon it. The fact of the matter is that this game has been making demanded progression that this community has made for numerous years. it may not be perfect or flawless but I'm not going to deny the fact that the game has been taking necessary and much needed strides so you get that simulation product that we all been demanding for all this time. with Joe Montana football on the horizon we're also going to get choice back into the football gaming marketplace. So I look forward to hopefully having two decent football games to play this year.

Once again I appreciate and respect your thoughts and opinions, as I'd hope you'd do the same with mine. Peace.

On youtube: Username dts5381
As well as the group channel TheSimStandard

Co-Host of Sim Standard Radio Show:

Thursdays at 8PM EST Call in at 914-338-0794
Old 04-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
All these posts are great, but they don't mean anything when people are still buying the game. The only way we see a real change is if these sales plummet. Until then it just sounds like we're all complaining and it's "us" and not the game.
Thats how it seems like Tiburon thinks. Its "us" and not the game. When a Madden dev can have the audacity to speak ratchet about another development, that right there tells you they think they make a great game, and they base it all on metacritic and mag reviews according to what theyve said in interviews. Not sayin they shouldnt use those at all, but that cant be the end all be all if theyre tryna make a sim football game like they claim.

Sales arent what they used to be with this series, but MUT is a monster though. I hate MUT but they make a straight killin off that mode. Lotta people who dont even like Madden all like that still play it just for MUT now, smh.
Old 04-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #124
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Thats how it seems like Tiburon thinks. Its "us" and not the game.
And ultimately they are correct.

They are artists creating a video game. They work on a wildly successful video game franchise and are rightfully are proud of their wildly successful work. If a consumer doesn't like the creative direction their game, he is by no means obligated to buy it or even pay attention to it.

They are by no means in the wrong for that point of view, much to the chagrin of the "sim community".
Old 04-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 0
Add all the features they got rid of over the years. Rado Frank Bruno. The combine. Add NFL 2K5 ESPN presentation. Than Add something new on top of that like different studio NBC, ESPN . ABC networks with twitch to broad cast games. Make the Superbowl more Hyped. media. rival. players talking smack. Coach interviews, players interviews.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #126
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
I don't know if you pay attention to me at all or not, but if you have been for at least the past 5 years you would know that I've been saying for the longest that Madden and EA football has been far behind any other sports title out there and it needs to catch up. We all know this even the current devs know this.

It's going to take time for the game to get where it needs to be, but internal change was required in order for that to happen. Since that has taken place the game has progressively improved over the past three years you don't have to admit it or acknowledge it but I'm not going to deny it despite the flaws and the gameplay issues.

Is it a shame that Madden isn't better than 2k football yet? Obviously it is, but these current devs have been there for 3 games currently and Madden 16 will be their fourth. Me blaming them for what happened prior to 2012 is like blaming Jim Caldwell or Jim Schwartz for the Lions going 0-16 back in 2008 and still holding that over their heads because they didn't win a super bowl yet.

I judge by what actual progress is made, and give my opinion based upon it. The fact of the matter is that this game has been making demanded progression that this community has made for numerous years. it may not be perfect or flawless but I'm not going to deny the fact that the game has been taking necessary and much needed strides so you get that simulation product that we all been demanding for all this time. with Joe Montana football on the horizon we're also going to get choice back into the football gaming marketplace. So I look forward to hopefully having two decent football games to play this year.

Once again I appreciate and respect your thoughts and opinions, as I'd hope you'd do the same with mine. Peace.
I just disagree with the progress. Player sense 2.0 and every player takes terrible pursuit angles. Offline cpu robo qb and they all take 20 sacks a game. Online there is a way to block every kick with any team because it plays out the same every time.

It's a polished version of the disaster of a series that was last gen. Better hardware, different devs in charge, same results imo. Which is why I say the game is what it is. SIM/arcade hybrid. This game isn't at the level of 2k in realism and it will never be unless they start from scratch. Even then I don't think they even want to remove the arcade aspects. it's what makes madden, madden.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #127
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And ultimately they are correct.

They are artists creating a video game. They work on a wildly successful video game franchise and are rightfully are proud of their wildly successful work. If a consumer doesn't like the creative direction their game, he is by no means obligated to buy it or even pay attention to it.

They are by no means in the wrong for that point of view, much to the chagrin of the "sim community".
I'm sure the NBA Live devs felt the same way until they got the **** kicked out of them. Luckily the Madden devs and its fans don't have to worry about that.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #128
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81

The real internal changes that need to happen still haven't. For this game to ever surpass these other sports games, we need alot more to change.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »