Home

Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #129
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I think we get that player, I dont want them to say anything negative. Just want them to not deny video evidence. Its like, if I order an apple pie from a baker and he brings me a pie with no apples in it, I show him no apples are in it, I want him to admit the problem I show him exists and then for him to fix it and give me what I was told I was payin for.

My deal is, if these dudes wont even admit there is a problem, how can we ever have faith that they can fix it? Its been a lotta times over the years where they faked the funk on things so its not like its new to us, its just now they do it on Twitter and more eyes can see it and holla back at it.

Its cool that Clint responds, but its gotta mean somethin to the game for it to matter. Based on how he responds alotta times I cant see how the mentality he puts out can help the game. I dont know how many times this dude has acted like every problem with Madden in the past is not worth talking about because he wasnt there when it was made, even though the problems are still there. What does he expect people to do? Its like he expect us to give it a pass cause he wasnt there when it started, lol.
Recent tweet from Clint:

what ever happened to living worlds? Still remember the ignite trailer with the cheerleaders and players on sideline

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@TFer717 that was a big fail for us. We thought we were delivering more than we actually could. Our eyes were bigger than our stomach.

So, there is evidence he does point out failures.

Another one that he is at least listening.

has done many videos showing how bad those issues are

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@TroyLovett1969 @ShutdownSafety I know. I watch them and communicate with Ryan quite a bit

RM21 ‏@ShutdownSafety Apr 16
@ClintOldenburg @TroyLovett1969 Clint responds to every message, watches every vid he is sent. He doesnt have to, but he does.

@TroyLovett1969 @ClintOldenburg Why, so my comment section would become a hate filled dialog like his Twitter? I don't even want that.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 16 Launches on August 25th - News, Features and Details Arrive in May

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And ultimately they are correct.

They are artists creating a video game. They work on a wildly successful video game franchise and are rightfully are proud of their wildly successful work. If a consumer doesn't like the creative direction their game, he is by no means obligated to buy it or even pay attention to it.

They are by no means in the wrong for that point of view, much to the chagrin of the "sim community".
Okay, I understand that side of it. But then they should quit tellin us they have the most realistic simulation football game on earth when its not true.

Stuff like this is not "us":

^^^ That's "them" and their game.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #131
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'm sure the NBA Live devs felt the same way until they got the **** kicked out of them. Luckily the Madden devs and its fans don't have to worry about that.
Not sure how that's at all relevant. NBA Live hasn't been a quality game since the PSX (PS2 at best; it's been at least a full console generation since it was highly regarded), its failures were at least partially of its own design. Madden had a slump but it was never the consistent colossal failure that Live was.

Could things have been different if EA's poor start on the XBOX 360 console generation were combined with a strong competitor? Maybe. We'll never know, so I don't really feel compelled to speculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
Okay, I understand that side of it. But then they should quit tellin us they have the most realistic simulation football game on earth when its not true.
Don't expect this either. Madden is the most realistic football game available on PS4 and XBOX One by default; there's no contemporary on the current hardware.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 04:25 PM   #132
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Not sure how that's at all relevant. NBA Live hasn't been a quality game since the PSX (PS2 at best; it's been at least a full console generation since it was highly regarded), its failures were at least partially of its own design. Madden had a slump but it was never the consistent colossal failure that Live was.

Could things have been different if EA's poor start on the XBOX 360 console generation were combined with a strong competitor? Maybe. We'll never know, so I don't really feel compelled to speculate.
Yeah I forgot who I was responding to for a second, I apologize for even trying to discuss Madden with you.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #133
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
You could to a point make the same argument about Madden not be relevant since the PS2 days. Every installment on the PS3 felt like a step back and it was because they kept trying to re-invent the wheel.

Quote:
We will never know how it would've worked out for them on the 360/PS3 since their wasn't competition but I don't think you can truly write off the fact that the most highly regarded Madden was 2005 and just by coincidence they had competition that year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #134
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Recent tweet from Clint:

what ever happened to living worlds? Still remember the ignite trailer with the cheerleaders and players on sideline

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@TFer717 that was a big fail for us. We thought we were delivering more than we actually could. Our eyes were bigger than our stomach.

So, there is evidence he does point out failures.

Another one that he is at least listening.

has done many videos showing how bad those issues are

Clint Oldenburg
‏@ClintOldenburg
@TroyLovett1969 @ShutdownSafety I know. I watch them and communicate with Ryan quite a bit

@ClintOldenburg @TroyLovett1969 Clint responds to every message, watches every vid he is sent. He doesnt have to, but he does.

@TroyLovett1969 @ClintOldenburg Why, so my comment section would become a hate filled dialog like his Twitter? I don't even want that.
That sums up Madden in a nutshell. A lot of great features but they don't work as intended or are riddled with bugs. I think the hate would be much less if everything worked right out the box. Its been like this For far too many years.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:24 PM   #135
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
It's going to take time for the game to get where it needs to be, but internal change was required in order for that to happen. Since that has taken place the game has progressively improved over the past three years you don't have to admit it or acknowledge it but I'm not going to deny it despite the flaws and the gameplay issues.

I judge by what actual progress is made, and give my opinion based upon it.
Hey smitty, thanks for responding to OS posters. I would like to address the "progressively improved". This happens to be a matter of opinion. Mine is that Madden has taken some significant steps BACKWARDS since completely changing direction after M12.

I recognize the "progressive improvements" in gameplay, but my opinion is huge steps were taken backwards in franchise. As gameplay has made some improvements toward realism, franchise has made huge steps toward arcade. It's my opinion that these improvements in gameplay don't come close to making up for the steps backwards in franchise. Now this is just my opinion and I realize others do like the franchise changes. I don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 06:29 PM   #136
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
That sums up Madden in a nutshell. A lot of great features but they don't work as intended or are riddled with bugs. I think the hate would be much less if everything worked right out the box. Its been like this For far too many years.
Well, for one, we live in the patch era.

I don't know of a sports game that I've owned that didn't have patches after coming out of the box.

Of course, before anyone thinks or writes that there are better sports games than Madden, I'm not disagreeing, just saying each game needs a patch or patches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »