Home

NBA Live 16 Playcalling and Defense Details

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Playcalling and Defense Details within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #9
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 16 - Playcalling and Defense Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybtherockstar
I really like the play wheel idea! Also like knowing that the CPU pick and roll defense improved. It's good in 15, but most of the time it can be easy to just use pick and roll to score. Great stuff.
Definitely not the case this year. You have to use some strategy, use the Pop option for the open shot sometimes, sometimes, you have to just back it back out, reset, etc. After you beat the defense off the pick n roll, be prepared to know where to go with the ball, as there's a great chance you'll have defenders waiting, leaning towards the paint on d.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #10
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Definitely not the case this year. You have to use some strategy, use the Pop option for the open shot sometimes, sometimes, you have to just back it back out, reset, etc. After you beat the defense off the pick n roll, be prepared to know where to go with the ball, as there's a great chance you'll have defenders waiting, leaning towards the paint on d.
Good to know! I can't wait till next tuesday to try the demo!
Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #11
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
As long as the off ball movement is good, it should be fine, I hated running just pick n roll/pop all game cause it was the only useful offense in 15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #12
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Likewise.

Even better, is that when the CPU is running offenses, you'll lose track of your man, watching others move, allowing them to free up for shots

Try to recover to get out to your man through traffic, and being bumped off your line is awesome.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #13
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

Yeah, it sounds like it will rival what the competition is doing
Old 09-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #14
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
News!! I'm liking the wheel. Camera seems a little too zoomed out, and what is up with Lebron's legs when he's being guarded by Butler?? Maybe it's just the angle but Him and Kobe have screens of them with really skinny legs. Butlers legs looked fine though. Just happy they aren't done releasing non mode info
Looks like Live didn't model the thigh anatomy well. Need more girth. Even Butler's legs has that concern if you look closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyattia
Lebron skipping leg day
Pretty much. No deadlift and no squats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Oh, I'm glad they finally showed the camera angle. This is easily my favorite angle in any bball game to date. It allows you to see the entire court when coming up the floor. I LOVED it.

The Quick Play button is awesome too. It picked the right plays, for the right scenarios too.

The Play calling wheel is a huge step in the right direction as well. Overall though, with as much as I enjoyed the quick play, I'll probably be using it 80% of the time.
4 questions:
(1) How quickly can you cycle through the plays?
(2) Is traditional broadcast view is available?
(3) Can you zoom in on this particular camera angle? Custom camera?
(4) Playing Live15 demo, I notice a lot of shots goes in perfectly with a swish. Rarely did I see the ball hit the rim wherever I shot the ball. Has Live16 improved the variety in ball/rim contact physics?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-10-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #15
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

I really hope this year there is some variety in offenses especially vs the CPU. In other words, it felt no different playing against the Spurs as opposed to Cavs. I know there were team-specific playbooks last year but it seemed like every team ran the same couple of sets. It became very stale.

On the other hand, Live 15 was a cool experience when the game opened up and the tempo increased. Hopefully this is still there and even improved upon with a better passing game and more animations for driving/finishing as well as shooting off the dribble.

Also great to see some attention paid to the defensive end. I enjoyed playing on-ball defense in '15. Footplanting was great and I could actually push the ball handler where I wanted him to go. Now, with better help side these situations could be expanded on if we can funnel ball-handlers into our help defenders. Would be nice to see a drive and dish for an open jumper Live 09 style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Oh, I'm glad they finally showed the camera angle. This is easily my favorite angle in any bball game to date. It allows you to see the entire court when coming up the floor. I LOVED it.

The Quick Play button is awesome too. It picked the right plays, for the right scenarios too.

The Play calling wheel is a huge step in the right direction as well. Overall though, with as much as I enjoyed the quick play, I'll probably be using it 80% of the time.

Help defense, you'll see a ton of great Verticality type challenges, and the rotations are solid. The quick passing allows you to work the ball around for the open shot, which is excellent as well.
This is great to hear! One of my issues with 15 was the limited playcalling and having to overuse pick and rolls. In glad they have implemented a good auto playcalling mechanic. Excited!

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »