Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Memphis Grizzlies vs. Chicago Bulls

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Memphis Grizzlies vs. Chicago Bulls within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #17
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video - Memphis Grizzlies vs. Chicago Bulls

This was my favorite video by far. This looked like a sim game I'd play in. I liked Grizzlies looked to feed the post, also liked they had a few flex actions that looked better and developed quicker than in the past. Both teams ran some nice stuff. The 1st thing I notice that sticks out to me is much better spacing for the most part. Only thing I didn't like was Pau (pretty sure user) tried to post up from high post and back down. But I loved play where rose passed to butler then went and set a down screen for Pau who was running up to set a running ball screen but butler took baseline before Pau got there but I loved the action.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:41 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
When adding a new guy, that's expected!
I agree. Can only imagine the complexity of trying to integrate a new person into a 3-man team commentating team. And they seem to have done a very good job, where there aren't obvious tone differences, they seem to sound as if they're all interacting with each other, etc. And It'll only get better

Also want to note it sounds like 2K's done an exceptional job with the arena sounds/crowd noise.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 09-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #19
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I agree. Can only imagine the complexity of trying to integrate a new person into a 3-man team commentating team. And they seem to have done a very good job, where there aren't obvious tone differences, they seem to sound as if they're all interacting with each other, etc. And It'll only get better

Also want to note it sounds like 2K's done an exceptional job with the arena sounds/crowd noise.
I'll assume maybe Greg 's comments will be limited overall. Shall see. I will miss Kerr. I dug his commentary
Old 09-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video: Grizzlies at Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Nice methodical pace that both teams are known for.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
With Holiberg coming in for Chicago, i'm surprised there wasn't a faster paced offense. This looks like Thibs offense.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #21
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml475
With Holiberg coming in for Chicago, i'm surprised there wasn't a faster paced offense. This looks like Thibs offense.
Not much to go off of yet... I'm sure czar will update this team as well as all teams with new coaches after a month or so and seeing what they are implementing or running. That's great part of having it tied to the roster updates. Pretty sweet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #22
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

umm............wow. it's rare that i'm truly blown away...but there's no other way to put it.

this is a work of art. i tried to find an awkward movement, weird contact animation, or wonky animation transition...but i don't think i saw one. it just looks beautiful.

i'm an animation/physics junkie...so this is like heaven to me. it really draws me in when movement and physics are done right in games, and this is by far the best human movement i've witnessed in a video game (in terms of variety of movement, contextual appropriateness, and blending between movements). Bravo to Mike Wang and his player movement guys. i can see why the devs have been so high on this. it really does look like almost the whole game was mo-capped.

obviously, the AI and strategy improvements are great as well, but animation is just my thing, so i tend to really pay attention to that stuff.

my ONLY minor nitpick regarding animations is that it looks like the gathers on some dunk and layup animations are a bit sluggish, like the gather has been unnaturally slowed down or something. but i've only seen that a few times so far in these new vids.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-14-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #23
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Everything looks excellent, but why are the fans so silent? They said they fixed that.

Sent using a telephone
Old 09-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22

Thing is, Kerr knocked it out of the park on his first go. He did have experience voicing for EA but he's just that good (plus probably having worked with Harlan before.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »