Home

NBA 2K16 Trailer - Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Trailer - Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:25 AM   #137
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Trailer - Livin' Da Dream, A Spike Lee Joint

Maybe what spike lee is saying is that you make your own story after college instead of it being a forced story. Just a thought
Old 09-15-2015, 02:35 AM   #138
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Well I trust Mr Mazique as he's a really cool reporter/media guy. I'm sure he's speaking on his own experience when he went up there. That said

I agree with you also Sundown in the fact that the hype thing has gotten so far out of control that they're bypassing information either off to guys like Dustin on twitter or completely avoiding them altogether.

I don't see this getting any better at this rate. It's one reason why I appreciate a guy like BdoubleO for how much time he took out to answer every single question he could.
Usually I take avoiding questions as an indication that the answer isn't one we'd like. It's worked pretty well so far. We just need to simply account for the fact that any positive answer would actually be relayed by marketing.

To be fair, 2K's marketing has been less tease-y this year. But then it feels as if the release of information has been compressed to a shorter timeframe this year as well. That could be because we never got a Gamescom video, and had to wait until 2 weeks before launch to even get blurry, leaked broadcast cam video.

You know what's weird? That 2K doesn't even have a proper website. nba2k.com is the MyPlayer portal. We have to go here or YouTube to find gameplay videos, and here for in-depth developer blogs. Seems like all of that should be centrally located and well formatted in a nice site.

But then again, what do I know. I guess kids only use twitter and stuff nowadays.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-15-2015 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:44 AM   #139
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Usually I take avoiding questions as an indication that the answer isn't one we'd like. It's worked pretty well so far. We just need to simply account for the fact that any positive answer would actually be relayed by marketing.

To be fair, 2K's marketing has been less tease-y this year. But then it feels as if the release of information has been compressed to a shorter timeframe this year as well. That could be because we never got a Gamescom video, and had to wait until 2 weeks before launch to even get blurry, leaked broadcast cam video.

You know what's weird? That 2K doesn't even have a proper website. nba2k.com is the MyPlayer portal. We have to go here or YouTube to find gameplay videos, and here for in-depth developer blogs. Seems like all of that should be centrally located and well formatted in a nice site.

But then again, what do I know. I guess kids only use twitter and stuff nowadays.
No there was an answer given today but it was another "wait and see" "coming soon" "we're not talking about that yet" "preorder and be surprised for yourself" type post which is ridiculous in itself.

You can look it up for yourself if you don't believe me, but one thing people here loved on the old OS about 2k was, when they were sent interview questions and it came back to the site if something wasn't there the answer was

"no"

"No, not this year"

"we didn't have enough time to get that in this time"

Wasn't what we wanted to hear but it was straight forward and respected.

I see a particular dev in here trying to be transparent and keep the level of overexpectation off of the already sky high expectation and then I see the marketing contradict that in the name of hype.

Makes zero sense. There is a time for everything, there is a time for hype but there is a time for answers as well.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:56 AM   #140
Rookie

What I find funny about people complaining about being known as Freq, is that is a nickname. In real life it's pretty uncommon to choose your own nickname unless you're someone like Shaq. You guys think Big Baby came up with that himself? Durant doesn't like Slim Reaper, Wilt supposedly wasn't a fan of 'The Stilt' and The Patron Saint of Underdogs also sucks but obviously Curry didn't come up with that
Old 09-15-2015, 03:15 AM   #141
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by splash2ndcousin
What I find funny about people complaining about being known as Freq, is that is a nickname. In real life it's pretty uncommon to choose your own nickname unless you're someone like Shaq. You guys think Big Baby came up with that himself? Durant doesn't like Slim Reaper, Wilt supposedly wasn't a fan of 'The Stilt' and The Patron Saint of Underdogs also sucks but obviously Curry didn't come up with that
I think the problem was mainly because the back of the jersey read "VIBRATIONS".

Unless it was one of those games where both teams are allowed to have their players wear their nicknames on the backs of their jerseys instead of their real-life surnames (which would admittedly be pretty cool to implement into 2K), this makes the trailer come off like our first name is Frequency and our surname is Vibrations.

This is creating a massive misunderstanding.

We can name our player whatever we want; "Frequency Vibrations" is just his nickname. But the trailer didn't make that clear at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 04:01 AM   #142
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

Awesome Trailer!

I like the new features and cutscenes, hopefully the storyline will be deep!

And Guys chill out, the Nickname is just one of 100. So u decide which nickname, position, etc. your player get.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:21 AM   #143
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Eh... not really my cup of tea. I'll stick with My League and MyGM again this year and for the foreseeable future until you can have the career you want, not some scripted story.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:32 AM   #144
nox
Rookie

nox's Arena

what if after completing the spike lee story you can start a new career skipping the story stuff?

It'd give more replay value while keeping the high school and college in, like a new game plus in other games

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »