Home

NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:51 PM   #81
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

Don't think every game update message means the entire structure of the game has changed but maybe Mike could let us know how that works and put some at ease...

Also Mike, corrrect me if I'm wrong, but did you mention shooting tweaks could be tweaked on/offline separately? They have seemed to go hand in hand so far...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 02:06 PM   #82
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Don't think every game update message means the entire structure of the game has changed but maybe Mike could let us know how that works and put some at ease...

Also Mike, corrrect me if I'm wrong, but did you mention shooting tweaks could be tweaked on/offline separately? They have seemed to go hand in hand so far...
The game update message could mean a number of things, but 99% of the time, it just means the official 2K roster was updated, which Stauffer does pretty much every day.

Some aspects of shooting can be tweaked separately between offline/online, but much of the system is interconnected. My most recent tweaks would have affected both.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:14 PM   #83
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K16 Shot Tweak Arrives Today For Green Releases & Contest Three Pointers

Played a ton of pro am yesterday and thought the shooting was really well done. My previous beef was the lack of shooting ability taken away somewhere along the line was creating a game type that was just lead passing into the paint over and over because it was the most efficient way to score. (Speaking from a pro-am mostly 5 users vs 5 users perspective here)

This alleviated those issues to me by simply just opening up the floor due to the players ability to hit from the outside. Game flows well right now and you can win with multiple styles. The two 7'3 center lineup is at a disadvantage right now because of the reemergence of the stretch four that can shoot. Props to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BaselineBakes; 03-15-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #84
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Just a few bad games from me then . Thanks for clearing that up.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-15-2016, 03:54 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

3pt shooting feels perfect now. The risk/reward for passing up a good shot for a wide open one is dialed in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2016, 05:07 PM   #86
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Nothing has changed. The last tweak was the one I tweeted about on March 8th. And I have no plans to make any more.
Maybe some recent changes had some unintended outcomes as everyone in code is interwoven.

I can feel and see the difference since logging some time on Park this morning. Comparing today in Park for shot success versus yesterday before 5am: there is a stark difference.

I'm seeing people flop after open looks because they are shocked at the clank and or shot grade they just witnessed.

It may not have been intended but I'd be naive to believe "nothing" changed - something definitely led to the success rate on open looks being dialed down.

When I get back on this evening I'll be able to verify again how different or the same shooting feels in Park.

It's also more than coincidence that everyone here has given their report based on their experience after 5am ET of Tue Mar 15. Prior to this date and time there was not even a whisper of feeling a change in shot success and shot grades.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2016, 10:03 PM   #87
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Feels normalized again ... my 3s squad just hit about 6 3s almost all green

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2016, 09:00 AM   #88
Banned

OVR: 0

Has it already arrived or i should update something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »