Home

MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-03-2016, 01:02 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 16 Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I cant believe that people are even talking about the way the hands look when the pitcher is throwing a pitch lol. Like who even notices something so darn small?
I didn't notice it at all until I saw this thread, now it stands out. It's too bad Woodweaver said it was by design, that seems like a pretty bad decision. Because it's an animation, I don't have high hopes for it being addressed in a patch.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #50
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientDiety
Geez Ridiculous...there is this thing called gameplay, what you listed are minor nitpicks and certainly not deserving of a 7.5. People are spoiled. Framerate has been great for me, shrugs.
I couldn't agree more.. No game perfect, but this is the best version of the Show yet... or any sports game for that matter, and that's saying a lot. It's amazing... 9.5 easy.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:13 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0
When using quick counts, the count overlaps the pitch choices. They should put it higher up on the screen, so it does not overlap. Also, hopefully the tearing and stuttering that is noticable on the cut-away screens when going to an automatic replay can be smoothend out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #52
Pro

The hand/throw animation is also there for fielders.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #53
Pro

Sometimes with Quick Count on, I go to replay right after a play and when I get back to the next AB, the count shows up in the middle of the screen, right over the pitcher and does not go away until the pitcher is mid delivery.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:22 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Sometimes with Quick Count on, I go to replay right after a play and when I get back to the next AB, the count shows up in the middle of the screen, right over the pitcher and does not go away until the pitcher is mid delivery.
Definitely something that needs to be fixed!
Old 04-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #55
Rookie

I have yet to see what the hype with PBR is. Dont see much difference apart from higher res dugouts. On my tv, the graphics like grass and dirt took a step backward compared to MLB 15. Also still see a lot of jaggie images around the stadium. Still waiting for a major graphical leap for The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2016, 12:47 AM   #56
Just started!

First time buying the show since 2012 since Nba 2k and Fifa take most of my gaming time, and im not dissapointed at all. The level of polish and strategy that can be used in this game is incredible. Yes its still the show, but the core gameplay was great in 2012, and the jump since then has been incredible. I definitely see this overtaking Fifa in my rotation for the next year. I also love the fact that its released just as the season starts.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »