Home

Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 09:51 PM   #81
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I agree that I don't like the on screen icon popping up, but if you are just turning off the indicator, and it is basically a QTE, you would always be tackled in the "tackle battle" situation. You have to see the icon to be able to push the button and break the tackle, yes it sucks, but we will have to live with it I guess.
This is just not a cool feature. I know they think it is, but its not. On one page they say " first person to hit the button wins" then turn around and say its tied to attributes somehow. Which is it?

I know , i know , gotta appease the casuals, but dang this just sounds horrible already.No skill needed, no real Physics.Man come on EA . This sounds like the battle for the fumble that lasted what, 1 year? then they saw it wasnt good and removed it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 09:54 PM   #82
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 17 Ball Carrier Special Moves, Fakeout Interaction System & Much More

Ratings determine the window for the tackle battle. More forgiving of defense when ratings higher and vice versa.

The whole mechanic takes less than a second, if that. It's barely noticeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #83
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks1408
I remember in previous years they would attach little videos showing what they were explaining. The absence of these this year is making me nervous.
Eh but at the same time those videos really didn't come across the same when the game actually released
Old 05-18-2016, 10:08 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
This is just not a cool feature. I know they think it is, but its not. On one page they say " first person to hit the button wins" then turn around and say its tied to attributes somehow. Which is it?

I know , i know , gotta appease the casuals, but dang this just sounds horrible already.No skill needed, no real Physics.Man come on EA . This sounds like the battle for the fumble that lasted what, 1 year? then they saw it wasnt good and removed it.
how does trucking someone take skill?
Old 05-18-2016, 10:10 PM   #85
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatupu_64
Gotta know your RB and gotta time the truck move
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2016, 10:11 PM   #86
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Right. I'm not trying to truck anybody with Shane Vereen, but I'll give someone the business with Rashad Jennings.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:25 PM   #87
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatupu_64
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Indeed @solidSquid knows whats up. Its not just " who ever hits a button first" , that just sounds like arcade .If you try to truck someone too early in madden 16, your HB is going down and may even fumble due to bad timing. Pressin a button first is not timing as much as it is , just seeing the pop up and quickly hitting a button before someone else. Not a fan.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-18-2016, 10:35 PM   #88
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Indeed @solidSquid knows whats up. Its not just " who ever hits a button first" , that just sounds like arcade .If you try to truck someone too early in madden 16, your HB is going down and may even fumble due to bad timing. Pressin a button first is not timing as much as it is , just seeing the pop up and quickly hitting a button before someone else. Not a fan.
I have zero problem with the principle of the tackle battle it's the implementation I don't like. I don't like prompts or indicators on the screen bc it breaks immersion for me. I'd be more okay with it if instead of having to press a random button you had to repeatedly tap say X to simulate driving your feet, that just feels more real to me.(I know some people are against tapping). In all honesty if I could turn it off I would but if all the other things they released today WORK AS INTENDED I won't be too upset about it.

And for god sakes don't call it something gimmicky like tackle battle, just call it football. Hit and drive your feet till the whistle is one of the first things taught in football

Last edited by SolidSquid; 05-18-2016 at 10:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »