Home

Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #9
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
I for one enjoy the penaltys. I like how you might have to get yourself out of a second and 20 or something.
Yes def makes the game more dynamic. Also when it's 3rd and 15+ sometimes I'll just take a chance and throw one up hoping if I don't catch it I can draw a PI or defensive holding, and by the same sword sometimes on defense I bail the offense out with a penalty.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I just wish the penalties would occur more dynamic...

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-24-2016, 12:05 PM   #11
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Penalties need to be in game, and they need to have animations associated with them, as we all tend to look for what caused the flag; and the penalties should be weighted with the use of a collection of attributes, such as awareness, and blocking ability for run and pass, for example; thus one player may commit more holding penalties on pass plays than runs, because of a lower rating in a category; or a defender may commit defensive holding or interference in zone or man, based on ratings..

Of course, like the NFL, most "hail Mary" penalties should be overlooked; I recall it being noted in an NFL game, by a former official, that Hail MAry plays are just overlooked because, with all the grabbing from both sides, it would be a draw anyway...

Also. the system needs to stop controlling players that the user is in control of, thus allowing for late hit penalties or unnecessary roughness calls..If I want to hit the QB late, let me, and flag me; or if I wanna hit a player out of bounds, let me and flag me..etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 12:16 PM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

i would also like to see "good penalties." who here hasn't seen a defender, for example, who was about to be beat for a potential score, because of no backup, such as a safety, just go and commit a holding penalty or interference penalty?

Or an offensive lineman hold to protect the QB from a potentially devastating hit..Of course QB's in Madden do not get hurt, so maybe not worth the trouble..
Old 05-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #13
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
i would also like to see "good penalties." who here hasn't seen a defender, for example, who was about to be beat for a potential score, because of no backup, such as a safety, just go and commit a holding penalty or interference penalty?

Or an offensive lineman hold to protect the QB from a potentially devastating hit..Of course QB's in Madden do not get hurt, so maybe not worth the trouble..
Hey man they get hurt as long as you have 3 on your roster, 2 or 1 and there are no qb injuries lol.

But yes good penalties need to be and better than that the user needs to have some sort of control over it. So if I'm usering the corner about to be beat for a touchdown maybe I double tap the play wr button and he grabs the wr or tackles him or something lol
Old 05-24-2016, 12:30 PM   #14
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Hey man they get hurt as long as you have 3 on your roster, 2 or 1 and there are no qb injuries lol.

But yes good penalties need to be and better than that the user needs to have some sort of control over it. So if I'm usering the corner about to be beat for a touchdown maybe I double tap the play wr button and he grabs the wr or tackles him or something lol
Agree 100%...and EA should get rid of the loophole that prevents a QB from getting injured just because you have 1 or 2 QBs. In Franchise I carry 2 QB's and in MUT I carry 1; I also only carry 1 RB, generally, in MUT, so they won't get injured..This is unrealistic, and EA needs to change the logic that can be used by users to manipulate the game.

Of course I am a proponent of seeing linemen get injured; maybe not for weeks or a season, but we could start slow with a player being out for a quarter or half, of a game, which would make depth charts worth more, other than being places to keep players we are trying to build into starters, and also force users in other modes, like MUT, to build a full roster.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:38 PM   #15
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Agree 100%...and EA should get rid of the loophole that prevents a QB from getting injured just because you have 1 or 2 QBs. In Franchise I carry 2 QB's and in MUT I carry 1; I also only carry 1 RB, generally, in MUT, so they won't get injured..This is unrealistic, and EA needs to change the logic that can be used by users to manipulate the game.

Of course I am a proponent of seeing linemen get injured; maybe not for weeks or a season, but we could start slow with a player being out for a quarter or half, of a game, which would make depth charts worth more, other than being places to keep players we are trying to build into starters, and also force users in other modes, like MUT, to build a full roster.
The whole injury system needs to be redone, we need non contact injuries(Jalen Ramsey just had one), off ball injuries(it's 2016 and only players tackling or being tackled can get hurt), true NFL injury designations(probable, doubtful, out), lingering/nagging injuries(players can play with reduced ratings related to the injury, so a leg injury affects speed, a hand injury affects catching/tackling/blocking), wear and tear injuries ( repeatedly injuring the same body part reduces the longevity of said body part leading to retirement or something), a full training staff(affects injury prevention and recovery).

I'd also like to have the option on how to deal with my guys injuries, surgery(longer recovery time less chance of re-injury) or rehab/physical therapy(shorter recovery time with higher chance of re-injury)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #16
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The whole injury system needs to be redone, we need non contact injuries(Jalen Ramsey just had one), off ball injuries(it's 2016 and only players tackling or being tackled can get hurt), true NFL injury designations(probable, doubtful, out), lingering/nagging injuries(players can play with reduced ratings related to the injury, so a leg injury affects speed, a hand injury affects catching/tackling/blocking), wear and tear injuries ( repeatedly injuring the same body part reduces the longevity of said body part leading to retirement or something), a full training staff(affects injury prevention and recovery).

I'd also like to have the option on how to deal with my guys injuries, surgery(longer recovery time less chance of re-injury) or rehab/physical therapy(shorter recovery time with higher chance of re-injury)
Again, I agree 100%...Would add, I can see the desire to not have QB's injured, as even the NFL is trying its best to protect QB's, but once the QB goes past the LOS, he should be treated as any other rusher, and thus open to the same injury risks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »