Home

Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #17
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17's First Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
The whole injury system needs to be redone, we need non contact injuries(Jalen Ramsey just had one), off ball injuries(it's 2016 and only players tackling or being tackled can get hurt), true NFL injury designations(probable, doubtful, out), lingering/nagging injuries(players can play with reduced ratings related to the injury, so a leg injury affects speed, a hand injury affects catching/tackling/blocking), wear and tear injuries ( repeatedly injuring the same body part reduces the longevity of said body part leading to retirement or something), a full training staff(affects injury prevention and recovery).

I'd also like to have the option on how to deal with my guys injuries, surgery(longer recovery time less chance of re-injury) or rehab/physical therapy(shorter recovery time with higher chance of re-injury)
This is one of my top big desires to see in CFM. I want to worry about whether my roster is going to be ravaged by injuries, I want to think twice about offering my top receiver a mega contract if he's coming off an ACL injury.

Injuries are just timeouts at present - I want more of them, and I want them to matter!
Old 05-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #18
Rookie

Nice podcast. I am actually into 2022 in an online QB Only CFM that has been a blast. I could not agree more with the Kat and Brian's comments about the information given in game and out of game. A ticker would be great, NCAA did it best but in reality I just want a weekend wrap up show or newspaper-esq thing we can check out in one place. Lose the twitter feeds and put important information on that main page.

Keep penalties! But tweak the variety...Holding was about 95% of the calls in my league, then Pass interference and then Unsportsmanlike conduct. I used sliders but even then the consistency of the calls remained.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #19
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
This is one of my top big desires to see in CFM. I want to worry about whether my roster is going to be ravaged by injuries, I want to think twice about offering my top receiver a mega contract if he's coming off an ACL injury.

Injuries are just timeouts at present - I want more of them, and I want them to matter!
I like this idea. Make it so that the player might not be the same after the injury. Like Gale Sayers.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:19 PM   #20
Rookie

bloobloouk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
I like this idea. Make it so that the player might not be the same after the injury. Like Gale Sayers.
Yeah, but it shouldn't just be another reason for regression - AP didn't suddenly become a substandard player.

I envisage a true progressive injury system where you have a guy come back from injury and therefore he may be more likely to injure himself in the same place again, even while performing at the top of his game.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #21
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

I just wish from a penalty perspective that the C would snap as soon as the D jumped so you can get a free play. Rodgers gets like 2-3 free plays a game. Hoping they implement this.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 1

I like PastaPadre's site. He lets people speak their minds fully on a topic and state the truth even it's an inconvenient one. The atmosphere at his site lacks unnecessary and prohibitive pressure to conform, and arguments resolve of themselves (as they usually will anyway) without him having to issue electronic threats. Whenever he does step in, he does it professionally and without sounding like some kind of anal retentive e-warden with a chip on his shoulder who gets off on wielding his e-powers. He's a real pro.

People should really check him out. He runs a great place.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:30 PM   #23
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I like PastaPadre's site. He lets people speak their minds fully on a topic and state the truth even it's an inconvenient one. The atmosphere at his site lacks unnecessary and prohibitive pressure to conform, and arguments resolve of themselves (as they usually will anyway) without him having to issue electronic threats. Whenever he does step in, he does it professionally and without sounding like some kind of anal retentive e-warden with a chip on his shoulder who gets off on wielding his e-powers. He's a real pro.

Hi, Pasta!
Old 05-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #24
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron

Weird that you post here so much if you have that many problems with how things are run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »