Home

They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 01:24 AM   #129
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Personally I'm excited about full player editing because I'm a huge fan of Classic rosters

This opens up many doors for me now to create amazing rosters and then I can use those rosters in CFM and create the draft classes to create even more older rosters

For example I can start out with a specific season 1990 and then create every draft class all the way up to 1999 if I need to now....

So I think this is a huge deal by EA allowing full player editing....

You'd be surprised as to how many Madden players love Classic teams and players outside of their current CFM rosters
On top of this, is the ability to actually tweak the "gameplay" to your liking with the ratings editing inside CFM, which surprises me that "gameplay" is taking a backseat to other aspects being mentioned here.

Both online and offline finally have a mechanism to clean up areas of "gameplay" we don't like...
- don't like the over the top OBJ catches, edit the Spec Catch so they don't trigger as often.

This ability is huge for gameplay purposes!!!

Will be interesting to see how this impacts Sliders?
Old 06-13-2016, 01:32 AM   #130
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mo

One thing I was thinking about was if there are any rules in place when it comes to the PS players. Like, could I just sign any CPU's Practice Squad player to my roster, cut him and sign him to my practice squad at any time? Isn't that something that could be a constant issue or at least annoyance when it comes to online leagues? Also, are they just first come first serve as in as soon as you choose them they're on your PS with no counter offers allowed from other teams?
Old 06-13-2016, 01:38 AM   #131
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
We fundamentally disagree on what constitutes "gameplay" in Franchise then.

I consider the acts of team building and player management as gameplay mechanics which impact my experience in the on-field core gameplay experience. I make decisions off the field, they impact my team's performance on the field. And vice-versa.
No, where we fundamentally disagree is on the methodology of simulating the development arc of professional athletes.

You prefer direct user control of specific attribute increases based on a system that doesn't require that player to even practice said skill. You could do pass rush drills all year long and use all that XP on zone coverage, which is, IMO, dumb. Now, I am not saying you are dumb, or that you cheat like that.

What I am saying is that I would rather have full coaching staffs with attributes out of my direct influence. I would hire/fire/replace said entities based on their strengths and weaknesses. Those attributes would impact player development in combination with the individual player's potential/development ratings.

Where I, the user, would influence this, is like the really real world where as the head honcho I would determine the schedule - team vs position group meetings, individual drills, one on one, 7 on 7, full team, with pads, hat n shells, strength and conditioning, film study, walk throughs and so forth based on off season, mini-camp, training-camp, preseason, regular season.

I could also influence what attributes may be impacted based on what set of drills I set for each position.

Example - running a 3-4 I would have OLB spend more time doing pass rush work, running a 4-3 I would assign them more coverage drills, if I was inclined to run a multi front defense I would have to maybe balance those drills.

Maybe I have excellent receiving TEs, and play in a division with pretty tough front seven groups, so I focus a lot of their group time on blocking, or chipping, or cutting routes short.

We fundamentally disagree because you don't see how amazingly in depth and yet exponentially less time consuming a good progression system would be when the user manages a schedule rather than micromanaging every single point of progression...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 01:40 AM   #132
Just started!

At least Top 15 Lowest I Go
Old 06-13-2016, 01:46 AM   #133
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
No, where we fundamentally disagree is on the methodology of simulating the development arc of professional athletes.

You prefer direct user control of specific attribute increases based on a system that doesn't require that player to even practice said skill. You could do pass rush drills all year long and use all that XP on zone coverage, which is, IMO, dumb. Now, I am not saying you are dumb, or that you cheat like that.

What I am saying is that I would rather have full coaching staffs with attributes out of my direct influence. I would hire/fire/replace said entities based on their strengths and weaknesses. Those attributes would impact player development in combination with the individual player's potential/development ratings.

Where I, the user, would influence this, is like the really real world where as the head honcho I would determine the schedule - team vs position group meetings, individual drills, one on one, 7 on 7, full team, with pads, hat n shells, strength and conditioning, film study, walk throughs and so forth based on off season, mini-camp, training-camp, preseason, regular season.

I could also influence what attributes may be impacted based on what set of drills I set for each position.

Example - running a 3-4 I would have OLB spend more time doing pass rush work, running a 4-3 I would assign them more coverage drills, if I was inclined to run a multi front defense I would have to maybe balance those drills.

Maybe I have excellent receiving TEs, and play in a division with pretty tough front seven groups, so I focus a lot of their group time on blocking, or chipping, or cutting routes short.

We fundamentally disagree because you don't see how amazingly in depth and yet exponentially less time consuming a good progression system would be when the user manages a schedule rather than micromanaging every single point of progression...

Listen, the day to day activities of coaching staffs in the NFL in terms of their meetings and what not - that stuff is largely the same across the league. It isn't enough to SIGNIFICANTLY impact player progression.

The same is the case with coaching staffs. Players blossom and regress all the while having minuscule and talented positional coaches respectively. The marginal differences that do occur the game already accounts for. Give McCarthy a bonus with QB's and CB's (Joe Whitt, Jr.) and give others similar bonuses. The game already does this. Certain coaches will grant WR's AWR + 3 for example.

Your proposed methodology is not only inadequate but it is fundamentally flawed. You're advocating for a bunch of monotonous processes.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:47 AM   #134
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by otfdre99
At least Top 15 Lowest I Go
What are you talking about?
Old 06-13-2016, 01:53 AM   #135
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
No, where we fundamentally disagree is on the methodology of simulating the development arc of professional athletes...
Yep, this right here, some want NFL representation while others will try to frame whatever EA chooses to do as a sound move simply because it's a video game. The latter I always find odd because past football video games, even past Maddens, have represented certain NFL team management aspects more realistically, while still remaining fun, skillful, challenging and selling well to boot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 02:10 AM   #136
Banned

For guys who complain about drive goals. u do know you can turn them off this year. I did. It would be kool as commish for be able to turn it off for whole online league though hated playing against players and seeing it pop up.

Those wanted a draft board maybe should have put certain players as watch in Madden 16. I was unable to make 1st round of my draft and the cpu select one of my 1st round pics while i was away. He was a late 1st however i was going to take him high anyway and it did it. Giving me a relief b/c i seriously thought i would miss out on him and having cpu pick a player i don't want or need. I'm scheme specific when it comes to drafting/FA/trading. If a person don't fit my scheme I don't look for him regardless of talent.

I would of love to be able to have my #1 CB trail the #1 wr due to some people just love putting their best wr in slot and running slants or drags.

I just want to know will scheme matter when acquiring players via trade/fa/draft. Horrible looking at teams in online leagues just grab high rated overalls just because.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »