Home

Madden NFL 17 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #9
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
if Defense is hard this year then that's fine with me because zone coverage, man coverage were terrible in Madden 16 got me frustrated
Old 06-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 17 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Really cool interview.
Nothing better than hearing the "continued development" focus

I will say however, I didn't quite like the start where Rex claims that A-gap pressure is the counter to FB-dive.

That's not true, FB-Dive doesn't work against any defense that has 2+ linemen with their hands on the ground; a regular FB does not have the quickness/burst to make the plays they usually make in Madden, so I shouldn't be having to bring A-gap pressure to make sure one of the least effective plays in real football doesn't kill me in the game. Just thought that was a weird way to put it.

Cool with adaptive AI too, even though I feel like that has been touted many times before.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #11
MVP

Love how transparent Rex is. Gotta respect that. Sometimes he might be a little too transparent lol. "Madden 17 might not be my favorite Madden because the computer is kicking my ***." LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 09:42 AM   #12
MVP

Although I understand why it's not in yet after Rex explained it (which makes sense), I really wish they would've got DB/WR assignments in this year. Hopefully they can find a way to get it in later with the "continuous development" plan.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:48 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDogPack12
My only wish is that he would have specified particular features they're trying to work on. I think as a community the hardcore fans have been very understanding when the developers have told us, "We hear you. We're working on that, but it's hard for "X" reason." I would like to know what features they have in store and what is a part of their next cycle.

I know marketability ties into this. They have to save stuff to promote for next year's game, but it would be cool to get some glimpse as to what is in the pipeline.
Yeah he did that last year. My guess is that his bosses probably told him to ease up on alluding to future features for marketing purposes. I believe if it was up to Rex, he would tell us everything we wanted to know lol. He just seems like the type of guy that's very open & has nothing to hide.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #14
Banned

3 to 5 years huh, well Madden 17 will be year three (not counting Madden 25) though the game has been improving this gen I think it's safe to say that the game still has a long way to go. It seems to me the game is going to take longer than another two years to get caught up to where it should be. Going to be interesting to see what they do in the next two years.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #15
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Personally, "Best on Best" Player assignments is my #1 wishlist feature. I'm glad the question was asked and fully answered. Madden is more complex than when player assignment was in Madden.

I'd rather have the feature work effectively, than it being broken and having to deal with patch after patch to fix it. Sometimes patches inadvertently do more harm than good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 10:25 AM   #16
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Great interview; I like that Rex is not afraid to throw punches and tell it like it is; I also believe that we will see Frostbite in M18, which will really take this game to another level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »