Home

In Celebration of All the Madden Players That Will Never Exist

This is a discussion on In Celebration of All the Madden Players That Will Never Exist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 05:41 PM   #9
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: In Celebration of All the Madden Players That Will Never Exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
Madden 16 I was able to draft the greatest CB ever, future hall of famer, the great, Mack Mack.
So nice his Mama named him twice!
Old 09-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #10
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

I've seen some beasts in Madden, but the best game generated player I ever saw was several seasons into my NCAA 14 Dynasty. He was the #1 overall recruit, a WR by the name of Columbus Sweet (great name, too). I didn't get him, but Florida did and he broke all the career receiving records there.

Wish I had kept his stats or at least exported the draft class to Madden to see how he would've done in the pros.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #11
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Mostly from NCAA days, but some great names I recall between some friends and me:

USC brothers and teammates LB Bubba Cork and QB Lorenzo Cork.
OSU RB Rodney Dangerfield (no respect!)
Thomas Thomas (cousin to Johnson & Johnson...of course he married a doctor!)
William Gilliam (Heisman Trophy winner, from what I recall my friend stiffarm telling me)

Many more!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 08:54 PM   #12
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

I swear, I'd pay twice the price for NCAA to come back. The gameplay in Madden 16 with the depth of Dynasty mode in NCAA 14 .....I can only dream.

I miss being able to import my draft classes into Madden. Flipping back and forth between the games and always feeling some level of connection with the players years later in Madden because I "watched them" play college ball.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:46 PM   #13
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
My favorite EA sports generated guy was a WR/DB hybrid in NCAA Football named Frank Powell (see my profile picture). He turned my Wyoming program into an elite program, playing both sides of the ball. Oh also, he could play QB. Eventually he lead me to the National Championship where he returned a punt for a touchdown making it a one score game with 1 minute to go. I ended up winning on a national championship winning hail mary to defeat Texas who went on to become my arch rivals after I joined the BIG12.

The legend of Frank Powell aka 'Boom Boom Powell' went on for 4 years as he collected countless awards and accolades. I ended up renaming the stadium to Frank Powell Memorial Stadium and retired his number. After sending the draft class over to Madden he had a decent NFL career with the Pittsburgh Steelers. 20 Years later, my Wyoming team is still a powerhouse and in the midst of the greatest NCAA Football dynasty of all time - and it all started thanks to him.

I've never had a guy in Madden have anywhere near the same effect on a franchise as Frank Powell. And I don't think any generated recruit or draft pick will ever mean the same to me as he did. He was the embodiment of the word 'Legend'.

One of the greatest stories I have ever read. And yet, so sad, as NCAA has been cast aside.

I want NCAA back so bad because of stories like this. The recruiting was the best ever.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I swear, I'd pay twice the price for NCAA to come back. The gameplay in Madden 16 with the depth of Dynasty mode in NCAA 14 .....I can only dream.

I miss being able to import my draft classes into Madden. Flipping back and forth between the games and always feeling some level of connection with the players years later in Madden because I "watched them" play college ball.
IMO, the best part of playing NCAA games (football and college hoops). Especially if you get super immersed in the college games. Like maybe you recruited a player that was a major pain, but you're happy to see them get drafted.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:55 PM   #15
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

I draftes a guy and his last name was ROLB I kid u not I took a screen shot and me and my brother laughed for a good while

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 01:40 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0
good read here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »