Home

Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #97
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am skipping Madden this year (yep you heard me right taking a pass on it for sure as 17 is all I need for another year of football).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Well that did not take long.

Pre-ordered GOAT edition.

In like Flynn.

Told you.....
Old 05-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #98
Rookie

ctindal21's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpierce134
Gotcha... it was kind of hard to tell, but after you pointed that out I see it! Thanks
Can't tell with the in-game footage but that's definitely a black forearm band on AB in the intro which is a good sign for those who've been wanting forearm bands.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #99
Rookie

Trailer reveals a MyCareer/Story Mode that just might rival 2k's...OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....7 years late but OMGGGGGGGGG finally
Old 05-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 3
Given the multitude of let downs in past iterations of this Franchise, especially in offline franchise where I play, it is hard for me to get excited until I see how you, our Operation Sports "family" find the game. I do NOT believe reviews anymore, because for some reason they never seem to pick up on the many bugs and problems a game has. There for I will say I am guardedly optimistic, hopeful for a great surprise and ultimately just waiting until I read the forums here before making a purchase I regret.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #101
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Target passing... hmmm...

Could be a cycle style target system like Tecmo Bowl, or, God forbid, a location targeting system like John Elway.

I can't fathom a better passing control scheme, although I did prefer the old system for velocity rather than the double tap.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like how passing controls work now actually. If they just removed tethering and lowered accuracy across the board, it would be perfect.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #103
Rookie

And franchise mode is ALL I care about, if they add:
1.Create-a-draft class
2. And a team relocation/Re-branding option like NBA2K. Its a certified win for me
Old 05-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #104
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

My first guess as to the sim/arcade/competitive thing. As some have said here, I believe sim will either be what we had last year, or a slightly modified form of last year. I have a feeling the overall gameplay will be pretty similar, but they could certainly up penalties a bit (and, have more def PI, imo, as one example). However, they may also add a few things as some have mentioned. Perhaps, they do add bad snaps. Maybe, they add injured linemen as well. Also, more over/underthrows by QBs, maybe? So, overall, there could be something to look forward to, there. And, we haven't seen pass targeting, yet. So, that may also be affected. Hopefully, it's not just last year's game, and arcade/competitive sort of make sense on their own. Arcade will allow more special moves to 'win' I would think. Competitive actually might be interesting for sim guys that also like the sticks to dominate as opposed to the ratings. So, that gives options. And, I would hope they gameplay tune for EACH of these gameplay styles. Meaning, I hope the data they receive is based on gameplay style, so that they tune sim with all sim gameplay data, and they tune arcade with all arcade gameplay data. Overall, it's def a step in the right direction. Looking forward to see more details. Definitely curious to see target passing right now. If they have FINALLY removed the TETHER from that GD ball!!!! I will be one happy camper!! Well, unless the new system is horrible. Then, I'll be posting to this site daily!!! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »