Home

Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #329
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. That's an interesting question, actually. But, I would have to guess absolutely not, honestly. I don't think it would be worth it to train the CPU AI to use it. I could be wrong, this is just me guessing, but I think that AI might be more difficult to create, and not quite worth the bang for buck. They can just let the CPU do what it's been doing, and not worry about re-programming to use it.

Although, it would probably/possibly make for better/more dynamic physics. So, in that regard, it might be worth it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking more along the lines of being able to see where the cpu quarterback is looking, giving me the ability to anticipate their throws and get a jump on the ball when usering on defense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #330
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

Cpu defenders not being able to read the quarterbacks eyes is the primary thing that broke coverage in the first place.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #331
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
I was thinking more along the lines of being able to see where the cpu quarterback is looking, giving me the ability to anticipate their throws and get a jump on the ball when usering on defense

I think it would help the cpu passing AI. It would give them a way to make defined reads and throw the ball to the open guy. I think it would also help quarterbacks be more aggressive by reading deep to short in their progression.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 04:29 PM   #332
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78

Oh, right on. No, I still wouldn't think so. Again, I'm thinking they wouldn't bother with the CPU programming AI that would take. I could actually see that being quite an overhaul, programmatically speaking.

I used to love doing that with the vision cone, though. Lol. That's always a highly debatable topic, but I'm one of the minority who enjoyed it specifically for what you're saying, 'looking off defenders.' I thought that was a cool ability to use. I felt more like a real QB with that.

I have to admit, the way they've set this reticle up, not only is it going to be more difficult as they've said, I'm really curious to see/feel how quickly I can move from 1 WR to another, because the reticle is sort of attached to that. So, you're right, they could look u off if they had it, and then snap onto the next WR. And, of course, we can do that, too. I'm concerned with the timing of this thing, though. And, have a bad feeling it's going to be too slow to snap throws to the next WR.

But, yeah, actually, that would be pretty cool if the CPU QB AI actually looked u off in 1 direction and then threw to a different WR. And, here again, there's a level of distinction between good and bad QBs. They either connect it with awareness in general, or they could create a new trait:
Looks off WRs: never, sometimes, all the time
Or some variance of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »