Home

Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #313
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You won't be throwing on the run at all using the new passing system. The left stick moves the reticule so you will need to be standing still to use target passing.
In 17 I could have sworn that you can tap R2 and your QB would get out of the pocket and just jog to the side without holding the left stick? Maybe it will be the same in 18 and while your jogging you can use the left stick.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #314
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
You won't be throwing on the run at all using the new passing system. The left stick moves the reticule so you will need to be standing still to use target passing.
Are you assuming that's what happens when you are on the run and you hit LT? I'm just curious as to what actually happens.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #315
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Holding LT made the QB throw low passes last year. So are the High/low options gone?

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #316
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
In 17 I could have sworn that you can tap R2 and your QB would get out of the pocket and just jog to the side without holding the left stick? Maybe it will be the same in 18 and while your jogging you can use the left stick.
Nope, the left stick moves the target around on the field. So you won't be controlling your QBs movement with the left stick once you enact it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Are you assuming that's what happens when you are on the run and you hit LT? I'm just curious as to what actually happens.
No, I am not assuming anything. Rex Dickson already tweeted that once you enact the Target passing system by hitting L2 then the left stick moves the reticule/target system on the field.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #317
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Holding LT made the QB throw low passes last year. So are the High/low options gone?
Good question, maybe this is something that you will need to disable to have the ability to do high/low passes. They can only put so many controls on these buttons and sticks.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #318
MVP

Quote:
Nope, the left stick moves the target around on the field. So you won't be controlling your QBs movement with the left stick once you enact it.

No, I am not assuming anything. Rex Dickson already tweeted that once you enact the Target passing system by hitting L2 then the left stick moves the reticule/target system on the field.
I understand thats what happens. So Rex said it's impossible to throw on the run when using the mechanic.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:33 PM   #319
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I understand thats what happens. So Rex said it's impossible to throw on the run when using the mechanic.
He hasn't specifically said that no, but you cannot control two things at once with the left stick. I suppose there's some remote change you could then run with the right stick but does anyone really think that will be the case? If the left stick is being used for the target reticule as to where you're throwing you won't be able to run using it.

My guess is, as has been stated, they (EA) consider using precision, targeted passing something a QB would only do while in the pocket and able to accurately and specifically target a spot on the field. Whereas when a QB is scrambling they would not be making a precision pass.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #320
MVP

Quote:
He hasn't specifically said that no, but you cannot control two things at once with the left stick. I suppose there's some remote change you could then run with the right stick but does anyone really think that will be the case? If the left stick is being used for the target reticule as to where you're throwing you won't be able to run using it.

My guess is, as has been stated, they (EA) consider using precision, targeted passing something a QB would only do while in the pocket and able to accurately and specifically target a spot on the field. Whereas when a QB is scrambling they would not be making a precision pass.
Right my thoughts as well. I was forgetting that you can still throw in the run by hitting the icon like every other madden.

Just seems odd they wouldn't tie it to the RS. It seems like the most convenient option. Especially since the RS isn't really used much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »