Home

Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #89
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
blown coverage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Im not sure how some one has not already been seeing this for years..... i mean i literally see it every single game.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #90
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Im not sure how some one has not already been seeing this for years..... i mean i literally see it every single game.
Only in man..zone not so much

Old 05-16-2017, 01:47 PM   #91
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Only in man..zone not so much

ive seen numerous blown coverages in zones. CPU controlled player zone has him set to an area but ball thrown there, and no one around..... but yeah man is about worthless unless trying to stop a run, or screen.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #92
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Deuce I agree with you that part of the issue is blocking, QB evading system..but the other half of the issue is ratings..most QB don't break tackles cause their Elusive rating is so low..this includes as an example guys like Big Ben who is elusive by nature due to his size, or Romo when he is broken into two pieces..second part of the ratings problem is pursuit rating by Dlineman..this rating at times overrides basic speed, acceleration, agility, and stamina..causing lineman to close on QB's wayyyy too fast..now not talking about the K Mack's, and top flight edge rushers who are top athletes but DT's or large 3 tech DE's.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
QB's can evade in Madden the problem is you have to go to drastic messures on the tackling slider in order to see it happen

Most guys on here (OS) will never play with a extremely low tackle slider because it will drive them crazy if a RB or WR broke 2-3 tackles on a givin play.

The tackle slider doing gameplay is the biggest culprit as to why you don't see QB's avoiding the rush very much

That slider is somehow tied into the ball carrier and Qb elusiveness rating doing gameplay

Playing with high tackle slider increases the radius of the tackle range......reducing the tackle slider decreases the radius and in return you'll see QB's avoid the rush much better but the downside is the RB's and WR's will sometimes break tackles

I personally live with the consequences because Madden is a flawed game and rather have QB's at least being able to avoid a rush occasional as opposed to getting sacked 100% of the time...

EA needs to figure out how their ratings also tie into the sliders and doubt they really spend the man time dissecting it or even observing it
I feel like tacking has been tuned to be so ridiculously forgiving as a hand holding mechanism for User play style. A large percentage of Users run full speed at the ball carrier at crappy angles and hit stick(garbage mechanic) every play. Maybe part of sim style can be to reduce that crazy radius and punish players who play so recklessly.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #93
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
If we have simulation mode..I would love to see botched snaps, blown coverage, momentum means more..ball physics impacted by weather..etc

This is exactly what I am expecting from simulation mode. I want the real elements of football, which yes happen to sometimes be out of a coaches control, to affect things and force the user to adjust.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #94
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Per Clint Oldenburgs comments on Twitter there will definitely not be any botched snaps this year and probably ever.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 05-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #95
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Per Clint Oldenburgs comments on Twitter there will definitely not be any botched snaps this year and probably ever.
That's sad. I guess more people rather not have it so they'll never add it.

Edit::

See he said "how would you like to lose 100k because of that?"

Again, that's competition not simulation mode so why would it matter? It seems like these 3 modes will just be tuning and sliders which should still be a nice change but not the full on simulation like we were wanting.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 05-18-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #96
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
See he said "how would you like to lose 100k because of that?"

Again, that's competition not simulation mode so why would it matter? It seems like these 3 modes will just be tuning and sliders which should still be a nice change but not the full on simulation like we were wanting.
He also said he still doesn't get how fumbled snaps would be fun. But I definitely think, like you said, the different modes will just be tuning and sliders. I'd also doubt that even moving forward that there are very few, if any, setting specific gameplay implementations but that's impossible to say because there might have been some this year. More ratings driven gameplay should definitely be an improvement as long as it's tuned properly but I'm also hoping for more options for things like making kicking tougher and turning tackle battles off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »