Home

NHL 20 Has New Commentary Team, Coaching Carousels, Trade Finder and More

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Has New Commentary Team, Coaching Carousels, Trade Finder and More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 20 Has New Commentary Team, Coaching Carousels, Trade Finder and More

Game Informer has posted quite a few more details on NHL 20, including a new commentary...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-19-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 09:31 PM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Broadcast Team Revealed for NHL 20, Guest Commentators Could Include Drake &

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
It's no longer Doc Emrick and Eddie Olzyck.

The new duo is local Vancouver radio personality James Cybulski as the play-by-play guy and color commentator Ray Ferraro, who moves from the Pierre McGuire role between the benches into the booth. The new team comes into the EA Vancouver office a couple of times a week, which allows them to develop a rapport, hear their commentary in the game, and constantly revise it. EA also plans to have them in during the season to add more contextual commentary on NHL and EASHL trends.

Guest Commentators Also Make Appearances

James Cybulski and Ray Ferraro aren’t the only commentators in NHL 20. Taking a page out of the NBA 2K playbook, some games will feature guest commentators to weigh in on the action. The infographic EA showed us included portraits of hockey personalities like Don Cherry and Wayne Gretzky as well as celebrities like Chance the Rapper and Drake.

Plenty of other details at Game Informer.

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview...ming-to-nhl-20

Cybulski and Ferraro won't be bad. Especially Ferraro. I think he fits in well in a video game. Cybulski I haven't heard call a game, but i recall him from his days at TSN.

Then I read Chance the Rapper and Drake? I'm out.

What on earth are they thinking...
Old 06-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Broadcast Team Revealed for NHL 20, Guest Commentators Could Include Drake &

I am happy as pig and poo man, we get 300-400 coaches, or something like that, it means they are listening to me, , am excited man, we get coaches with different traits and speciality and stuffs, better line chemistry, thank u EA SPORTs!

and among other stuff.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 20 Has New Commentary Team, Coaching Carousels, Trade Finder and More

I liked Doc and Eddie. Wish they kept them as an option in the game. For the casual fan I thought they added some realism to the tv broadcast.

Not a fan of local broadcasters doing games. It worked with MVP 05 but most of the times it feels like we're watching some other teams broadcast if you're not in that city.

EA Hockey is from Vancouver so maybe they're being shortsighted with this move thinking everyone else in North America will like it?

Last edited by hyacinth1; 06-19-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
I liked Doc and Eddie. Wish they kept them as an option in the game. For the casual fan I thought they added some realism to the tv broadcast.

Not a fan of local broadcasters doing games. It worked with MVP 05 but most of the times it feels like we're watching some other teams broadcast if you're not in that city.

EA Hockey is from Vancouver so maybe they're being shortsighted with this move thinking everyone else in North America will like it?
It wouldn't really surprise me if this move was made to deliver new commentary during the course of the season, as Madden does. Much easier to get someone close by back into the recording studio instead of nationally-known (and busy) talent like Emrick. Ferarro apparently lives in Vancouver too, so it's the same kind of deal for him.

Waiting to hear more info. EA Access coming to PS4 makes going that route a very real possibility this year, but I'm also fine with staying on '19 seeing as I now have an emotional attachment to this year's game (see avatar - and by the same token I still own my physical copy of MLB '16 ).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 3

Lmao this is for real? EA is already off to a great start with this year's game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-19-2019, 11:34 PM   #7
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

So let me get this straight...last year they inexplicably removed all of the licensed goal songs from the game. And this year they’re removing the NBC announce team (and surely the NBC graphics). So in two years, they’ve made the game far less immersive and made it much less authentic to what we hear and see in the arena and on tv. Boy, glad to see they’re making progress!
Old 06-20-2019, 12:05 AM   #8
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

They can add 1000 generic outdoor rinks to play some garbage unrealistic mode, but they can’t be bothered to add real outdoor stadium rinks (many of which EA already has rendered for Madden) so that we can play the Winter Classic and Stadium Series (again)? Cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »