Home

Do You Have Any Ideas For Our Main Site?

This is a discussion on Do You Have Any Ideas For Our Main Site? within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2006, 12:52 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Do You Have Any Ideas For Our Main Site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXZeke
I think this would be a good idea too.

I have confidence in you Candy on designing something. Let us guys know what you come up with. Who knows, Steve and the guys may like it a lot to.
yeah I could mock up something as well. This is basically what I do for a large marketing firm in Dallas. Ive worked on brands such as Mountain Dew, Old Spice, Secret, Pepsi, Fantastic 4 The Movie (a co branded mini site promotion with Samsung),Samsung...
Old 07-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #10
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

I have no problems w/ you guys doing some mockups, but having my "Code Guys" make the backend work for the new "Look" is what worries me. Go ahead and do it up, in your spare time.

If anyone else wants to give it a shot, go for it and let me know.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 17

How about when reviewing a new game include a rating for the games AI also list the setting the reviewer was playing on when writing the review.

I think you do a great job with the site Steve.

Thanks

Oops I guess I missed the point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #12
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Review ideas and situtions happening in sports in general. Tossing ideas about the MLB, NBA, NCAA basketball & football, hockey, golf....just go out and make different remarks about the sports and what you see. Talk about greats and what made them great. Talk about different players in their sport and what their contributions or lack there of is. Just different things like that. A podcast would be tight, maybe every 2 weeks, or every month. I know just sticking with sports might be a little on the slow end but it could work.

Also, the polls are always liked on this site. One every two weeks would be hot. More of those non-sports reviews would also be a nice. You guys did one on GRAW. Hey, maybe even go back in time and re-review the concepts and ideas of sports games a few years back. Just like one a month to keep it fresh. What about the poster of the month also? That could be a vote-in. Something like that. I don't know. And if you guys get down with the voter up a month (which would be only made up of someone making unforced contributions to the site), there could eventually be a voter of the year. That voter of the year could get a 1/2 discount on getting their name blue or something like that. I don't know.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #13
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Headlines that lead directly to the article instead of a forum post.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My $0.02:
  • Podcasts about happenings in the realms of sports gaming and real-world sports.
  • Return of the Starting Five, if podcasts aren't a feasible option.
  • User-submitted reviews somewhere on the main page. I understand it'd be difficult to implement as someone would have to filter good content from flaming (especially with regard to highly debated games like Madden), but it'd be a cool feature.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just basically keep it interactive. More football hits on the page from games and real game pictures. Real game pictures and real life game pictures for all sports. Sorry to say but the looking for things on hear is kinda old school. But you can take tips from like gamespot, ign, nfl.com, and some other things. Of course ESPN. All you need is a good designer and its cool because I look at how nice the xbox.com site looks. It looks fantastic and very user friendly an interactive. Thats all. I want you to do as the wise words of a famous person "Get-er-done".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2006, 12:40 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Steve thanks for everything on the board. I don't really write on the message boards, but I do get a lot of good information from most of the people who give reviews of games, and things of that nature. The only thing I would like to see is if there was anyway to seperate the different consoles from the message boards. In other words, to make it easier for someone who has only ps2 to look up first impressions from Madden...I have to go through many pages because there may be xbox 360 content in that broad area under Madden. If it were me, maybe it would look something like this:

Madden xbox 360
Madden ps2
Madden xbox
Madden psp
Madden pc
Madden wii

Then once you click onto the console you play all of the content would be there for your reviews, and replies.

I hope this made sense. Thanks for bringing us the very best of sports gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »