Home

EA Sports College Football Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2022, 10:59 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
EA Sports College Football Gameplay

I am thoroughly enjoying Madden 23, and cannot help but think about what gameplay will be like in the college game next summer. The things that are at the forefront of my mind are:

1) Playbooks

I'm interested to see if there will be team specific playbooks.

2) RPO's

Pretty much common in today's college game. Wondering if they will be OP?

3) FieldSENSE- I wonder if that will be in the college game or will this be Madden Specific?

4) Skilled Based Free Form Passing

I also wonder if this will be Madden specific? I know that when Madden introduced the Cone back in the day, it never made it to the college game.

5) Physics based game play and DB/WR interactions

Really hoping this is in the college game. I would think the system would be more refined in Madden 24 and if they put it in the college game, we'll get the best of it.

6) Superstar X-Factors under a different name.

They've always had it in the game. So I see no reason why they wouldn't and call it something else.

7) Home Field Advantage

I don't know how they would do this for every team; but maybe something for the top 25 toughest places to play.

8) Momentum

If it's anything like Madden's current system, I wouldn't mind then keeping it out completely.

If we get anything close to how Madden 23 currently plays, I think the majority will really be happy next summer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2022, 11:35 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I am thoroughly enjoying Madden 23, and cannot help but think about what gameplay will be like in the college game next summer. The things that are at the forefront of my mind are:

1) Playbooks

I'm interested to see if there will be team specific playbooks.

2) RPO's

Pretty much common in today's college game. Wondering if they will be OP?

3) FieldSENSE- I wonder if that will be in the college game or will this be Madden Specific?

4) Skilled Based Free Form Passing

I also wonder if this will be Madden specific? I know that when Madden introduced the Cone back in the day, it never made it to the college game.

5) Physics based game play and DB/WR interactions

Really hoping this is in the college game. I would think the system would be more refined in Madden 24 and if they put it in the college game, we'll get the best of it.

6) Superstar X-Factors under a different name.

They've always had it in the game. So I see no reason why they wouldn't and call it something else.

7) Home Field Advantage

I don't know how they would do this for every team; but maybe something for the top 25 toughest places to play.

8) Momentum

If it's anything like Madden's current system, I wouldn't mind then keeping it out completely.

If we get anything close to how Madden 23 currently plays, I think the majority will really be happy next summer.

I agree FULLY on that last part, please keep that arcade home field advantage gimmick out of the game EA. Or at least an option to disable it, which I don’t believe Madden even lets you do right?

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 08-22-2022, 04:58 PM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Can we expect EA College FB to play similar to Madden 23 or 2 except with a different skin?
Old 08-23-2022, 02:40 PM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Can we expect EA College FB to play similar to Madden 23 or 2 except with a different skin?
I'm pretty sure the old NCAA games always ran the prior year's Madden, so I think it's pretty safe to assume that NCAA 24 will be Madden 23 in terms of on-the-field gameplay.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-23-2022, 08:39 PM   #5
Pro

Man, I haven't played 10 hours of Madden in my life. I am not sure I like Madden gameplay in my new college football game. Especially from all I have read over the last few years production.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2022, 09:35 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
Man, I haven't played 10 hours of Madden in my life. I am not sure I like Madden gameplay in my new college football game. Especially from all I have read over the last few years production.
Current next gen Madden does basically everything better than any other EA football game on the field. Outside of pitches on option plays everything else has improved on the field with the next gen(current gen at this point) consoles.

― Plato
Old 08-24-2022, 10:13 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
I agree FULLY on that last part, please keep that arcade home field advantage gimmick out of the game EA. Or at least an option to disable it, which I don’t believe Madden even lets you do right?

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'm guessing home field advantage will be an on/off option. I'll turn it off.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:16 PM   #8
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I know I'm not in here much, but I am a huge college videogame fan for any sport. This is my favorite series of sports games ever. With The Show being a close second.

So I'll be around more, and looking for news. I'm already getting excited.

I meant to add, as far as gameplay, I think it will be different enough from Madden as it usually always has been. They have had people working on just this game for a while. It should be tuned to be more college like. I've always liked the way the college games play better than Madden in so many ways. Especially the PS2 era.

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-24-2022 at 10:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »