Home

NASCAR 21: Ignition 2022 Season Update Arrives on October 6

This is a discussion on NASCAR 21: Ignition 2022 Season Update Arrives on October 6 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2022, 09:06 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR 21: Ignition 2022 Season Update Arrives on October 6

Motorsport Games has announced their NASCAR 21: Ignition 2022 Season Update for the 2022 NASCAR Cup...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2022, 09:52 PM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NASCAR 21: Ignition 2022 Season Update Arrives on October 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Motorsport Games has announced their NASCAR 21: Ignition 2022 Season Update for the 2022 NASCAR Cup...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
This is a welcome surprise... I thought Motorsports Games was belly-up by now and we'd never see this update. They don't do a very good job of explaining what's in it, but I did see active rear view mirrors in the game video. Also, they don't come out and say it, but does "A new HUD" mean that steering wheel owners will be freed of having to have an active controller synced up, in which the player has to remember to juggle a thumbstick on the controller as they're driving with the steering wheel to keep the game from crashing when the unneeded controller times out from inactivity?
Old 09-22-2022, 08:57 AM   #3
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
This is a welcome surprise... I thought Motorsports Games was belly-up by now and we'd never see this update. They don't do a very good job of explaining what's in it, but I did see active rear view mirrors in the game video. Also, they don't come out and say it, but does "A new HUD" mean that steering wheel owners will be freed of having to have an active controller synced up, in which the player has to remember to juggle a thumbstick on the controller as they're driving with the steering wheel to keep the game from crashing when the unneeded controller times out from inactivity?
Actually according to their roadmap released in April, this update was supposed to be released this month, not next.

They are also releasing a Next Gen car update for NH5 as DLC for $13 I believe.

The HUD is fuel gauge and tire wear. You can see it at the 38 second mark of the video in the article. It's in the bottom right. Rumor has it the next gen car update, will be available only in Race Now, paint booth and online. If the report I read is right, it's not usable in career. Which for me makes it useless. Also read that the rearview camera is available in cockpit view only. Not sure if that's accurate.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:23 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
Actually according to their roadmap released in April, this update was supposed to be released this month, not next.
Yeah, I recall reading that back in April, but since I've read all kinds of gloomy reports about the development team being put on idle. I really thought they'd fold their tent based on what I read.

Quote:
The HUD is fuel gauge and tire wear. You can see it at the 38 second mark of the video in the article. It's in the bottom right.
That will be nice to have, but if they haven't fixed it where a controller has to be active while using a steering wheel, it's not going to fix my second leading complaint about the game. I've lost track of the number of races I've crashed out in because I forgot to "tickle" the controller every 15 minutes, or so.

Quote:
Rumor has it the next gen car update, will be available only in Race Now, paint booth and online. If the report I read is right, it's not usable in career. Which for me makes it useless. Also read that the rearview camera is available in cockpit view only. Not sure if that's accurate.
The next gen car update is something I can live without. I might try it one time in Race Now, but I spend 90% of my time in what they call career mode in this game. I use the cockpit view with my wheel, so the rearview mirror will do a lot to bail this game out for me. I hate racing blind, especially as aggressive as the AI drivers are in this game. I'll have a fighting chance if I can see them in my mirror.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Quote:
That will be nice to have, but if they haven't fixed it where a controller has to be active while using a steering wheel, it's not going to fix my second leading complaint about the game. I've lost track of the number of races I've crashed out in because I forgot to "tickle" the controller every 15 minutes, or so.
On Xbox I'm pretty sure you can turn off the auto sleep feature of the controller. Can you do the same on whatever system you are playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2022, 04:58 PM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey99
On Xbox I'm pretty sure you can turn off the auto sleep feature of the controller. Can you do the same on whatever system you are playing on?
Don't tell me... I'm playing on XBox Series X, and you're telling me there's a way I can turn that sleep mode for my controller!? Off to check that now!!
Old 09-23-2022, 11:01 AM   #7
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

Quote:
Don't tell me... I'm playing on XBox Series X, and you're telling me there's a way I can turn that sleep mode for my controller!? Off to check that now!!
According to google "To turn off “Auto Sleep,” using your controller, open your console’s menu and select “System.” Select “Auto Sleep” and click on the “Disable” option. After disabling the auto sleep function, your Xbox controller will not turn off on its own as long as it remains connected to your console."
Old 10-06-2022, 08:07 AM   #8
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1

While I have yet to play myself, I've seen a few gameplay streams/clips on youtube that suggest the mirror shown in the trailer was nothing more than super imposed false advertising.

To outright lie about the reason you don't have mirrors to begin with & then false advertise them in a trailer when it's one of if not the biggest non-gameplay relegated complaint the original release had.....yeesh.

Putting this game on the rfactor engine was a disaster to begin with because of the lack of AI logic when it comes to ovals, so bless those that thought that a season expansion would clean up those bugs.

This game remains DOA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »