Home

Old 10-11-2022, 11:23 AM   #1
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
PGA TOUR 2K23 Impressions

Now that the game is out for early release, let's discuss it here.

I have been playing 2K23 for a few hours...I am weak...and to me, there are some good things and some not so good things.

On the good side, the gameplay is good. Plays well. It does look better than 2K21 visually in most ways. It's fun to play with the pros and all that. I have been playing on Pro difficulty to get used to the swing. Had a round in the Q School Final, where I won the event and shot -6. Then, played a Korn Ferry Event at TPC Sawgrass and shot a 77.

On the bad side, on PS4, the game seems very laggy and stutters a lot. I also have an issue where I cannot switch out the look of my pitching wedge no matter what I do. I also didn't get the 1300 VC I was supposed to get with the pre-order. Played one round of Topgolf and I think I am good with rarely hopping back into it...just kind of "meh" and gets old quick (good thing it takes like 5 min. to play a round then).

Lastly, there's a lot of "I've seen this before" to me...while the game does look better, and there are some new wrinkles, the whole package feels very much like the past 2K/HB golf games. In some ways, that's great. In others, not so much.

I haven't dabbled in the designer, the fittings, the consumable golf balls, or used any of the Skill points yet. I think I will have fun with the game, but I am not blown away at this point. I know a Day 1 patch is coming on Oct. 14, so we'll see what that fixes/tweaks/updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PGA TOUR 2K23 Impressions Thread

Played for about 6 hours so far. 2 events into My career and 1 society event played.

Having fun with it which is the main thing!

Having success putting but struggling with my long game. It will take time to get my timing going I guess. My score is getting better game by game tho!

Graphics are nice, a step up from 2k21 but only a minor one I would say.

Commentary and presentation is fine but I'm already seeing leaderbaord glitches again in Society.

My society is PlayStation Country Club btw, looking for players who want to have some competitive fun. 3 events every week so will be an active society.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:46 PM   #3
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Just noticed that 2K23 no longer allows you to play your unpublished created courses in local rounds. You used to be able to do this in all previous versions of the game as far as I can recall, and I used it in the past to see how the course looked in the cinematic camera angles and cutscenes, and it was also are great way to tell how well greens played at default speeds.

But since those local rounds did give you XP in the previous games, and now XP gives you skill points, they must have decided to remove it to prevent you from leveling up this way. Bummer.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I’ve played since the original golf club game and I can not figure out my swing tempo on pro in 2k23. I’ve played about 8 rounds now and best I’ve gotten is +7 with some other rounds being more frustrating than real golf.

Cant even get out of Q school.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Remembered I needed to recalibrate. They should put that as a reminder to everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2022, 02:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

I took a quick trip to New Zealand yesterday. Came back today and my in-game currency is still stuck in whatever currency NZ uses.

Anyone else have this issue? Have a fix?
Old 10-11-2022, 03:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Only played a couple rounds, but struggling chipping so far. Got into a deep bunker at TPC Boston and struggled to get out. Gonna play some more with pros before I fully dive into career.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:21 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Just won an event in a sudden death playoff on the Korn Ferry Tour. While it's long over-due, it's a much welcome addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »