Home

Is there an actual juke move in Madden 23?

This is a discussion on Is there an actual juke move in Madden 23? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2023, 08:46 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Is there an actual juke move in Madden 23?

Good day all,

Curious to know if anyone has found a way to activate a juke move in Madden 23? I noticed that there was an actual "plant" and juke move in current gen 21, however, it appears to have been removed in subsequent versions and replaced with a strange ineffective "lite"/weightless bunny hop (I'm speaking on 'right' control stick moves).

The only true juke move I've observed is the special juke animation that some super star X factors have assigned to them, other than that, the best I can currently come up with is the 'left' stick "plant" and change direction (that's not actually a juke move though). Outside of assigning the super star x juke to all RBs in the game, I can't think of any other solution. Maybe max out all RBs juke rating?

Any solutions, or is the juke move completely nerfed as of now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2023, 09:35 PM   #2
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Is there an actual juke move in Madden 23?

I've used the right stick to juke left or right, seems to work pretty well overall.

Not sure if that's what you're referring to, but that's what I use and I believe in the controls menu it says something to that effect as well..at least I THINK that's what it says
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 05-20-2023, 01:03 AM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

It's nerfed but it's still possible. I have the most success with double Jukes. And you have to hit later than what you're used to on last gen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2023, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

jukes are 100 times more successful when you have the SS ability that makes them faster.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:45 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I watch a lot of CPU v. CPU games, especially here lately, and there is a juke move in Madden 23'. The issue is, the animation plays out too long. I've seen plays where a running back only needs to makes one man miss and then he's off to the races, or he jukes the defender out of his socks and it looks like he should be able to pick up more yards...but because the animation is not "fast" enough, it allows the defender/defenders to catch up. If it were based on agility it would be one thing, but it seems like it doesn't matter who the back is. But it is there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2023, 04:06 PM   #6
MVP

I'm thoroughly confused as to what people are seeing. I literally just finished playing 23 and tried to use the right stick to juke for the entire game and nothing happens except a dainty "side hop" if you will.
Old 05-22-2023, 04:49 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

It’s been a minute since I’ve booted up Madden 23, but if I recall correctly you can trigger a more dramatic juke move if you do R2 / RT + (Right Thumbstick Left or Right). It’s important that you perform both inputs simultaneously. It also might be gated by the JKM rating.

Just using the right stick by itself does a more controlled cut which is more useful for picking your way through blockers than anything else.
Old 05-23-2023, 02:24 AM   #8
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It’s been a minute since I’ve booted up Madden 23, but if I recall correctly you can trigger a more dramatic juke move if you do R2 / RT + (Right Thumbstick Left or Right). It’s important that you perform both inputs simultaneously. It also might be gated by the JKM rating.

Just using the right stick by itself does a more controlled cut which is more useful for picking your way through blockers than anything else.
That's a good point too. Layoff the sprint button when you do Jukes or any move really. It makes them less effective. Especially when it comes to following blockers as it makes defenders block shed easily.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »