Home

I wish it were possible to create an offline Franchise but also start at week 10...

This is a discussion on I wish it were possible to create an offline Franchise but also start at week 10... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2023, 10:42 AM   #1
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1
I wish it were possible to create an offline Franchise but also start at week 10...

... like you can if you choose to have your file be an "online" Franchise, that way you could 32-team control but not have to do all the preseason micromanaging and setting up everything to be the way you want it to reflect what's really going on in the NFL.

I say this after starting an "online" Franchise and using the 'Start From Week 10' option and really being amazed by how awesome it is to have half a season *real* statistics and game history to work off. Plus, it makes the process of finishing out the season so much more fun.

It's really a shame that something so simple can't be modified in a tiny way. It's like there is *always* something holding me back from having a great Franchise experience in this game each and every season. It breaks my heart and I've even started to play Madden Ultimate Team lately...

Why is this the timeline we live in? Lol
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2023, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I wish it were possible to create an offline Franchise but also start at week 10.

PC mods, for the win
Old 11-27-2023, 12:58 PM   #3
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I wish it were possible to create an offline Franchise but also start at week 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
PC mods, for the win
This. I bought the game on the PS5 and have been on the fence to just eat the cost and buy the PC version so that I have access to the wonderful modders who put out a better product than EA imo.

Also to the OP: last year I went in and forced teams to win to align with the NFL schedule and even mirrored the trade deadline moves. It was quite the pain in the *** but it got the job done. You can even use the most recent roster update if you don't want to deal with the trade deadline and don't mind some players having full season stats with their new team. It won't actually affect the standings of course since you're predetermining the outcomes anyway.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:44 PM   #4
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
This. I bought the game on the PS5 and have been on the fence to just eat the cost and buy the PC version so that I have access to the wonderful modders who put out a better product than EA imo.

Also to the OP: last year I went in and forced teams to win to align with the NFL schedule and even mirrored the trade deadline moves. It was quite the pain in the *** but it got the job done. You can even use the most recent roster update if you don't want to deal with the trade deadline and don't mind some players having full season stats with their new team. It won't actually affect the standings of course since you're predetermining the outcomes anyway.
I appreciate the suggestion/advice but I already use the 'Force Win' to get the W/L realism that I desire. Unfortunately, I'm never quite satisfied with Madden's sim engine and the stats it puts out. That's why it was so nice to discover the whole "Start From Week 10" feature (I've never used it in prior years) as having all the stats be perfect to that point is something I never thought possible, at least with the way the Madden development team prioritizes much different things more often than not.

Also, it was awesome to have the practice squads have players with more than 2 years of NFL experience. I mean, once you call them up to the 53 man roster, you can't put them back on the practice squad but it's still cool to see. I wish EA cared more about these little details because to someone like me, they really make or break the experience. As odd at that might sound to some, it's how I've always been.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Old 11-27-2023, 11:58 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

There used to be the ability to save a copy of an online franchise offline. Was that feature removed? It was there not but a couple of years ago.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2023, 11:13 AM   #6
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

After looking at the stat tables (which are now fubar compared to past gen).. I can understand why they don't do this.

Can't even put into words how much work it would take to make it 100% accurate.

Even the 'start today' guys don't take the time to do that. They just sim to get the team records correct. The stats are what they are.
Old 12-05-2023, 02:35 PM   #7
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I just did the force to win and I'm glad I did. It only took a hour or so and it allowed me to ability to have backup save files and more control of scouting. A little bit of time, but I wasn't worried about the stats being out of line compared to what I gained.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »