Home

Ratings and The Easter Bunny

This is a discussion on Ratings and The Easter Bunny within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Ratings and The Easter Bunny

Yes I know and understand both and now with 100% certantity neither matter. You will get Easter Eggs with or without the Easter Bunny and Madden will play the same with or without ratings..

Case in point - So I edited my entire Cowboy OL to all be rated 12 in every category (lowest you can go) -- So basically the level of a ankle biter team. Took them to the practice field and played -- waiting to seem them dominated and fold like a cheap suit. But to my surprise little difference.. Held their own and then some..

Hmm.. Must be a fluke. Lets go play a game against the Giants -- One of the best DL's in the game.. Played exactly the same.. In fact Barber averaged 4.3 ypc! Come on I say.. Well definitely the franchise mode will reveal these little girls to be the phonies a 12 rating has to be..

Nope.. Played one game and similar results and then simmed the season.. Yes Dallas finished 9-7 and Barber averaged 4.4 ypc!

Please tell me the Easter Bunny matters.. Wake me up and tell me all this tweaking, drafting, and aligning my dominant team means something.

-- Jeff
http://www.mysbx.com

Last edited by jwhite1347; 10-01-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ratings and The Easter Bunny

madden doesnt care about the oline because they are just like 10-12 year old boys who only heard of the top players such as Peyton Manning Tom Brady Adrian Peterson etc. They dont fix O-line and D-line interaction they only fixed qb motion and attempted to fix Cb Wr interaction
Old 09-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Hmm.. Sad.. Poor Peyton would have time to take a step back with a 12 rated OL.. Come on EA.. And yet we spend hours trying to tweak sliders when so much is just random.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

But i bet if you edited a WR to 99 speed & 99 acceleration and let him at a 12 at everything else you would have a MVP on your hands. All that maters in this game is speed speed speed. LAMO when i learned Reggie Bush has a low ball carrier vision rating in Madden, guess i dont have to worry bout him in a ranked game.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Yeah, sadly this is what we have come to expect annually from Madden. Every year we hope it changes, and every year they disappoint us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is because the development team doesn't understand the basic concepts of football themselves and are happy with their ridiculous shoot out scores as evident with their unadulterated glee with their online league.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Hmm.. I hope you are wrong and they do care -- Just wish there was some logical explanation or something we could do/edit..
Old 09-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

This has almost always been prevalent in madden. One of the most obvious reoccurring gameplay standouts is hitsticking with anyone. you can literally hit stick with anyone. go ahead and raise the speed and your kicker and sprint down after the kick off.

The only rating other than speed that seems to have a strong effect is block shedding. Without it defensive player will never attempt to get off of their blocks and that means no pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »