Home

Ngata or Merriman???

This is a discussion on Ngata or Merriman??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Banned

jesse_8711's Arena

OVR: 5
Ngata or Merriman???

I have a key decision to decide in my franchise i play 3-4 defense and my team has young potentially good OLB's Ex. Rey Mauluaga and brian orakpo but the DE's arent good overall wise but they are big Ex. Allen Branch and kendall langford...which one of these two players will be more beneficial for my team to re-sign??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Ngata or Merriman???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_8711
I have a key decision to decide in my franchise i play 3-4 defense and my team has young potentially good OLB's Ex. Rey Mauluaga and brian orakpo but the DE's arent good overall wise but they are big Ex. Allen Branch and kendall langford...which one of these two players will be more beneficial for my team to re-sign??

OLB's get no sacks and aren't very critical at all in Madden's representation of the 3-4, very incorrectly your front 3 seem far more important than your OLB's.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
Banned

jesse_8711's Arena

well i want to keep merriman because it seems as tho he rushes the passer better in certain formations, but then again i know that you can't find any big DE's in the draft with high overalls
Old 10-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_8711
well i want to keep merriman because it seems as tho he rushes the passer better in certain formations, but then again i know that you can't find any big DE's in the draft with high overalls

I use the Chargers and my sack leaders are always the DE's with the OLB's WAY behind.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

One of my OLB's got 10.5 sacks last season, so..

and that was all them. Simmed most of my games, and never used him when I did play a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
OLB's get no sacks and aren't very critical at all in Madden's representation of the 3-4, very incorrectly your front 3 seem far more important than your OLB's.
Joey Porter, Demarcus Ware, Lamar Woodley, and James Harrison accounted for 65 sacks last year. You can't be serious.

Unless you meant in Madden lol.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3athb4dishonor
Joey Porter, Demarcus Ware, Lamar Woodley, and James Harrison accounted for 65 sacks last year. You can't be serious.

Unless you meant in Madden lol.
Couldn't even mean in Madden...

Harrison averages 1.5 sacks per game for me. One game he ended up with 4, and I never control OLBs or linemen...
Old 10-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Usually my DE always have more sacks then my LBs but when I hired Dick Lebeu as my HC i had rey maualuga have 12.5 and larry english with 10.5 and even james laurinaitis and 6.0
NCAAF: North Carolina

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »