Home

My Fate is in Your Hands: To Samsung or not to Samsung

This is a discussion on My Fate is in Your Hands: To Samsung or not to Samsung within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4
My Fate is in Your Hands: To Samsung or not to Samsung

First and foremost, I am seeking help. But if you don't feel like reading my novella below, I understand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
For the longest time I complained that hitting in The Show was more 'predetermined' than 'user-controlled.' I felt that the press of the X button poorly corresponded to the hit type. it felt like hitting was based more on ratings than on user skill. It was very frustrating and I longed for the days of MVP Baseball, where I truly felt in control at the plate.

now keep in mind, all this was happening on my HD Samsung (30+ inches, I don't know the exact size). I played hundreds of games and loved it all the while, but I was never content with the feel of hitting. Something wasn't right.

Last night, everything changed.

After patrolling these forums for weeks now, thirsting for this years version, I decided to bust out 09' on my old 19 inch Daewoo. Suddenly, hitting felt great. I was in total control, and unlike before, I was able to effectively use the left stick to hit.

This must be some kind of fluke,
I thought, I probably need to move up from 'all-star' and try hitting on 'hall-of-fame' and 'legend.'

I did, and hitting still felt great. For the first time ever, I was not late on every fastball. With some serious patience I was able to do damage to Lincecum and Halladay, two of the best pitchers in baseball. On my Samsung, Dave Bush gave me fits.

I have done some 'tests' and it is clear that the Samsung has some invisible lag. The game looks smooth (spectacular actually) but there is a slight delay that throws hitting off. In a game like baseball, a millisecond makes a huge difference. I called Samsung for help, and their only advice was to try things I had already tried: (turn on game mode, adjust settings etc.)

so why did I create this long thread? I am seeking advice. Do Samsung's have unfixable lag? If so, I have a tough decision to make. Do I play on the gorgeous Samsung screen but suffer from slight lag, or do I play on the tiny screen where I cannot bask in the graphical glory, but feel more in control?

can anyone relate to any of this? Do you have any miracle lag solutions? buying a new TV is not an option, so I am seeking outside help.

thanks in advance,
Tim
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: My Fate is in Your Hands: To Samsung or not to Samsung

It depends on your TV specs.

I have the 52" LNB750 and don't experience any lag...the game is beautiful to watch and play.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I don't remember the make of the monitor...but a long time member here....who I know pretty well....described the same exact problem you had.
It was a delay in his action...to what happened on screen.
It irked him to no end.
I forgot if he changed settings or monitors...but it made a world of difference for him.
I haven't seen him post lately....but if he sees this he will reply I'm sure.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea I have experienced this when switching from 1 TV model to another, I could time all my hits perfect on the "normal" TV then when I switched to the other TV it seemed every pitch was reaching the plate twice as fast. I ended up finding the right tuning of the sliders so that the lagged TV felt the same as the normal TV but I know what you mean.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

I only own Samsungs. Go into the settings and put whatever input you're using for gaming on "Game Mode". It's for exactly what you are having trouble with. Only turn on "Game Mode" for the input for gaming though, not your regular satellite/tv or dvd.

Good luck.

Game Mode - "We developed this technology specifically for gamers to get the most out of Samsung televisions."

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_10...hreadID=327339

Last edited by Sting; 02-15-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 02:13 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 24

again as the above user said, it all depends.

As of right now the T.V. in my bedroom is a Samsung T240HD and it's perfect. Samsung is known for making quality products, in my opinion I would say go for it.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

I've got a 32" 720p Samsung LCD HDTV in my room. Manufactured: December 2008. It works great for me. No problems with lag at all.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #8
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

for you Samsung guys, what settings do you play on? 720?

to plug the game in I use a cable from my old PS2, it has lots of plugs (green, blue, red, white etc.) I think it might be called a component cable. maybe that is the problem? what cable do you guys use?

Last edited by FindingTim; 02-15-2010 at 12:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »