Home

My Fate is in Your Hands: To Samsung or not to Samsung

This is a discussion on My Fate is in Your Hands: To Samsung or not to Samsung within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: My Fate is in Your Hands: To Samsung or not to Samsung

Plug the HDMI cable to the port that reads "HDMI/DVI", then modify the input name to PC, no need to set game mode on......
Old 02-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #10
CHF
Rookie

CHF's Arena

OVR: 3

I play on a 39" Samsung and had the same problem until doing what the above poster mentioned: switching my HDMI1 port to "Game Mode." Now it is flawless. I also play on 720p, which is Sony's recommendation.

FWIW, our Samsung's picture is hands down the best I've seen. My parents own a 52" Sony Bravia and our TV smokes theirs!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #11
DickDalewood

OVR:

My parents Samsung has lag with 09 as well. It's really bad compared to how great the game plays on my Vizio.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Recently purchased the 46" Sammy with the 240hz refresh, and with the "Game Mode" on, there is no issue-at least with the HDMI connection.

I did see some lag issues with the Component Cables with not only The Show, but some of the faster moving game (MW2 etc...)

Switch to game mode, and you'll be okay...

syf
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #13
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I bought a 37" Samsung (LN-T3732H) a few years ago, and it had terrible delay/input lag. Even with game mode on, The Show and a few other games were pretty much unplayable. It was so bad that I was forced to hook my PS3 up to my computer monitor, which is also a Samsung. My monitor is a 23" Snycmaster 2333HD, and everything worked great with that TV/Monitor.

I think it just depends on the model. My 37" Samsung was an entry level set, so I may have gotten what I paid for. Though I've heard from plenty of other Samsung owners who don't have any problems at all. Unfortunately, there really isn't any magic solution to fix this response time problem. You can either try and get used to it, or move to another TV.

I'm now playing on a 46" Panasonic plasma, and it completely blows any LCD I've owned out of the water. The picture quality is awesome, and no noticeable lag whatsoever.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
I bought a 37" Samsung (LN-T3732H) a few years ago, and it had terrible delay/input lag. Even with game mode on, The Show and a few other games were pretty much unplayable. It was so bad that I was forced to hook my PS3 up to my computer monitor, which is also a Samsung. My monitor is a 23" Snycmaster 2333HD, and everything worked great with that TV/Monitor.

I think it just depends on the model. My 37" Samsung was an entry level set, so I may have gotten what I paid for. Though I've heard from plenty of other Samsung owners who don't have any problems at all. Unfortunately, there really isn't any magic solution to fix this response time problem. You can either try and get used to it, or move to another TV.

I'm now playing on a 46" Panasonic plasma, and it completely blows any LCD I've owned out of the water. The picture quality is awesome, and no noticeable lag whatsoever.
Welcome to the Panny family lol, I love my 50 in Panny Viera Plasma. Glad you like yours, the picture is incredible.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #15
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

This is what I did when I bought mine (46") last year and it seemed to cure the lag. I would definitely use an HDMI cable instead of a component.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Plug the HDMI cable to the port that reads "HDMI/DVI", then modify the input name to PC, no need to set game mode on......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
Welcome to the Panny family lol, I love my 50 in Panny Viera Plasma. Glad you like yours, the picture is incredible.
Yeah man, the picture quality is awesome. The colors and blacks are SO much deeper than any LCD I've owned, and it handles motion and fast moving scenes like a champ. I was hesitant to go with plasma at first, because I had always heard that you really had to worry about things like image retention and burn-in, but I quickly realized that those issues are nonexistent with the newer models.

The only regret I have now is not going bigger, lol. I was coming from a 37", so at first, 46 inches seemed like more than big enough. Now I'm wishing I had gone with at least a 50 or 54.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »